Quantcast

National Floor Safety Institute Certified Products Help Prevent a “Slippery Situation” When Cleaning Floors

December 15, 2010

To help individuals and companies avoid products that decrease the slip resistance of their floors, the NFSI has instituted a “real world” certification program to determine if products maintain floors according to the ANSI definition of “High Traction”.

Southlake, TX (Vocus/PRWEB) December 14, 2010

Through our own experience and common sense we know that floors are more slippery when they are wet. Yet, a floor that has been cleaned with the wrong floor cleaner may be even more slippery than an unclean surface, even after it dries.

The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) is a not-for-profit organization whose stated mission is to prevent slips, trips, and falls through education, research, and development. The NFSI also maintains a database of slip and fall accidents collected from government, industry, and insurance-related sources. NFSI research has revealed that 55 percent of slip and fall accidents are caused by the condition of the flooring. The other 45 percent are caused by a combination of footwear (24%), poor hazard identification (10%), improper training (8%), and fraud (3%).

The NFSI investigated floor cleaners to determine their effects on a floor’s wet static coefficient of friction (SCOF), or better known as its traction level. Floors with a higher coefficient of friction are less slippery than those that have a lower coefficient of friction. The NFSI tested 19 popular floor cleaners to determine their effect on the wet traction, or “slipperiness” of the floor. The cleaners were purchased from local supermarkets and used according to manufacturer’s instructions on vinyl floors. The results of the tests demonstrate that even floor cleaners used properly can drastically decrease a floor’s slip resistance.

To help individuals and companies avoid products that decrease the slip resistance of their floors, the NFSI has instituted a “real world” certification program to determine if products maintain floors according to the ANSI definition of “High Traction”. The Traction Plus series of products was the first to undergo this rigorous testing by the NFSI. After laboratory testing and a 30 day test under the feet of the public in a real world situation, it was determined that the Traction Plus products maintained floors in a “High Traction” state according to the ANSI B101.1 national testing standard. Traction Plus makes products for use on hard surface floors, polished vinyl floors and tubs/showers. These products can be used to help prevent slips and falls in all types of areas. The NFSI Certified label on products like Traction Plus, is an assurance to both individuals and companies that the floor cleaner they are using will not create a “slippery situation”.

ABOUT TRACTION PLUS

It all starts at the ground level. 55% of all slip-and-fall accidents are attributed to a slippry flooring surface. With Traction Plus products, you will create a clean, high traction floor easily and affordably. For almost any floor surface, Traction Plus has a product designed to meet the toughest standards for appearance, cleanliness, and most importantly, SAFETY.

For Additional Information Contact:

Traction Auditing, LLC

PO Box 92462

Southlake, TX 76092

Tel: 817-230-4004

Fax: 817-410-7787

E-mail: info(at)tractionplus(dot)com

Web: http://www.tractionplus.com

###

For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2010/12/prweb8023014.htm


Source: prweb



comments powered by Disqus