Architectural Area Lighting Expands and Upgrades Designer SSL Series Luminaires
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif., Dec. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Architectural Area Lighting (AAL) has expanded the product offering in its Designer SSL Series with the addition of its Promenade(TM) and Flex(TM) series of fixtures, as well as higher-lumen, large-scale shapes of its SSL Series’ ProvidenceÃ‚® and UniverseÃ‚® luminaires. The Designer SSL Series — featuring high-performance light emitting diode (LED) powered versions of the company’s most popular fixtures — now includes AAL’s Largent(TM), Providence, Universe, Promenade and Flex fixtures.
“We’ve received an outstanding response from the field since we launched the Designer SSL Series last November,” said MJ Paul, AAL’s vice president, brand management. “Just as we did before launching the series, we have taken considerable feedback from architects and specifiers regarding their LED needs. With this information we’ve been able to expand our offering and make numerous design, performance and capability upgrades.”
Details About the new 2011 Designer SSL Series Family Members
- AAL has made unique design improvements, which have improved the performance and efficacy of the Designer SSL Series – with up to an 18% improvement since its 2009 release.
- Promenade, a classic, traditional luminaire with powerful LED technology has been added to the series providing depth to the traditional offering. Featuring three distinctive styles, elegant options and various mounting choices to meet the needs of any project.
- The sleek, contemporary designed Flex has been added to the series. A wide variety of arm and mounting configurations, including single, twin, triple and quad, make Flex one of the most versatile LED products on the market.
- In addition to its new members – Promenade and Flex – the 2011 Series includes higher-lumen, large-scale Providence and Universe shapes.
2011 Designer SSL Series Upgrades
- The second generation Designer SSL Series features AAL’s patent-pending LifeShield(TM) Protection System. The system is designed to preserve diode life in extreme temperature conditions.
- The Designer SSL Series’ fixtures are now available with a 0-10V dimmable driver for use with standard control systems.
- Standard onboard surge monitors protect equipment from current fluctuations and lightning strikes.
- Designer SSL Series’ Largent, Providence, Universe, Flex and Promenade (Type 3 and Type 5, 5100K) have been added to the DesignLights(TM) Consortium’s Qualified Products List - the list is frequently used by utility program administrators to identify if LED fixtures qualify for possible utility rebates.
- Upgrade kits are available for all sizes of Designer SSL Series luminaires. Fixture owners have the ability to easily upgrade existing HID installations with energy efficient LED technology, or upgrade the field replaceable EmitterDeck as LED technology advances.
The Designer SSL Series features AAL’s first LED luminaires with exclusive MicroEmitter LED technology. The technology is focused in the EmitterDeck(TM) mounting assembly, which consists of an array of replaceable MicroEmitter(TM) reflector modules that tightly and precisely control each diode. A secondary perimeter reflector contained within the housing redirects any stray light. The result is powerful, low-glare, uniform illumination.
Architectural Area Lighting (AAL), headquartered in City of Industry, Calif., is a leading provider of architectural outdoor fixtures for the commercial, municipal and institutional building markets. AAL products are designed and manufactured to meet both the elegant aesthetic and superior performance needs of its audiences. Featuring a broad range of decorative outdoor luminaires, in both contemporary as well as traditional styles, the company’s assortment of lighting products can be specified and installed for use in mixed-use retail, commercial and educational applications; as well as municipal and downtown renovations, and residential developments. AAL is one of the brands of the Hubbell Lighting family. For additional information, visit www.aal.net.
NOTE: To obtain additional information such as brochures, specification sheets, sell sheets and product images, visit http://www.aal.net/led/productinfo.php.
SOURCE Architectural Area Lighting