SAE International Announces New Technical Standards for HFO-1234yf Refrigerant
WARRENDALE, Pa., Feb. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ – The SAE Interior Climate Control Standards Committee has announced the publication of new SAE International documents covering the use of HFO-1234yf refrigerant in mobile air conditioning systems. This refrigerant was evaluated in 2009 within an SAE Cooperative Research project and deemed safe for use by the industry group which worked together in the SAE CRP1234.
Over the last several years, this committee’s membership and extensive industry efforts, including SAE Cooperative Research Projects has resulted in the development or revision of 18 SAE International J standards for this new refrigerant. New vehicles entering production later this year will be equipped with this new low Global Warming Potential (GWP) refrigerant.
These SAE International standards cover MAC systems using HFO-1234yf refrigerant design requirements, service equipment and certification procedures for system components, service equipment and technician training.
Over the years, SAE International J Standards have been referenced by regulatory authorities, such as J639 Safety Standards for Motor Vehicle Refrigerant Vapor Compression Systems, which cover system design, components and service equipment for refrigerants used in MAC systems.
The following documents are available on the SAE International Web Site:
- J639_201102 Safety Standards for Motor Vehicle Refrigerant Vapor Compression Systems
- J2064_201102 R134a Refrigerant Automotive Air-Conditioned Hose
- J2099_201102 Standard of Purity for Recycled R-134a (HFC-134a) and R-1234yf (HFO-1234yf) for Use in Mobile Air-conditioning Systems
- J2297_201102 Ultraviolet Leak Detection: Stability and Compatibility Criteria of Fluorescent Refrigerant Leak Detection Dyes for Mobile R-134a and R-1234yf (HFO-1234yf) Air-Conditioning Systems
- J2670_201102 Stability and Compatibility Criteria for Additives and Flushing Materials Intended for Aftermarket Use in R-134a (HFC-134a) and R-1234yf (HFO-1234yf) Vehicle Air-Conditioning Systems
- J2762_201102 Method for Removal of Refrigerant from Mobile Air Conditioning System to Quantify Charge Amount
- J2772_201102 Measurement of Passenger Compartment Refrigerant Concentrations Under System Refrigerant Leakage Conditions
- J2773_201102 Standard for Refrigerant Risk Analysis for Mobile Air Conditioning Systems
- J2842_201102 R-1234yf and R744 Design Criteria and Certification for OEM Mobile Air Conditioning Evaporator and Service Replacements
- J2843_201102 R-1234yf [HFO-1234yf] Recovery/Recycling/Recharging Equipment for Flammable Refrigerants for Mobile Air-Conditioning Systems
- J2844_201102 R-1234yf [HFO-1234yf] New Refrigerant Purity and Container Requirements for Use in Mobile Air-Conditioning Systems
- J2845_201102 R-1234yf [HFO-1234yf] and R-744 Technician Training for Service and Containment of Refrigerants Used in Mobile A/C Systems
- J2851_201102 R-1234yf [HFO-1234yf] Refrigerant Recovery Equipment for Mobile Automotive Air-Conditioning Systems
- J2888_201102 HFO-1234yf Service Hose, Fittings and Couplers for Mobile Refrigerant Systems Service Equipment
- J2911_201102 Procedure for Certification that Requirements for Mobile Air Conditioning System Components, Service Equipment, and Service Technician Training Meet SAE J Standards
- J2912_201102 Performance Requirements for R-134a and R-1234yf Refrigerant Diagnostic Identifiers for Use with Mobile Air Conditioning Systems
- J2913_201102 R-1234yf [HFO-1234yf] Refrigerant Electronic Leak Detectors, Minimum Performance Criteria
- J2927_201102 R-1234yf Refrigerant Identifier Installed in Recovery and Recycling Equipment for Use With Mobile A/C Systems
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International’s core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International’s charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In MotionÃ‚® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE SAE International