Media Advisory: Inmarsat Welcomes Chancellor’s Budget for the Space Industry
ISAT), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications
services comments on the very positive endorsement for the UK Space Industry
in the Chancellor’s Growth Report to accompany the Budget:
– Chancellor announces changes to The Outer Space Act removing unlimited
liability on operators to encourage companies like Inmarsat and Virgin
Galactic to be based in UK, considerably reducing insurance costs,
encouraging operators to base themselves in UK.
funds matched by industry including Astrium, Logica and others.
– Government recognises UK Space growing at over 10% per year, annual
– Satellite operators such as Inmarsat, in the downstream business area,
are amongst the best performing.
– Aiming to encourage industry to have a 10% share of a
industry by 2030.
– Coalition Government affirms the Space Innovation and Growth Strategy
inherited from Lords Mandelson and Drayson.
Comments Perry Melton COO, Inmarsat plc and member of the UK Space
“Inmarsat congratulates the Chancellor on his recognition of space
technology as a growth industry. As leaders in global mobile satellite
services, we welcome renewed focus on a UK success story. Inmarsat, as a UK
headquartered satellite operator, is committed to supporting the Government’s
initiatives in the space arena.”
SOURCE Inmarsat plc