Buenaventura Announces Results of Board of Director’s Meeting
LIMA, Peru, March 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Compania de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A. (“Buenaventura”) (NYSE: BVN; Lima Stock Exchange: BUE.LM), Peru’s largest publicly-traded precious metals mining company announced today the results of the Company’s Board of Directors’ Meeting held March 25, 2011. The following resolutions were passed:
- The election of Mr. Roque Benavides as Chairman of the Board, maintaining his current position of President and Chief Executive Officer.
- The election of Mr. Felipe Ortiz-de-Zevallos as Lead Director and President of the Corporate Governance Committee. This Committee is composed of the following Independent Board Members: Messrs. Luis Coleridge, Carlos del-Solar, Felipe Ortiz-de-Zevallos, Aubrey Paverd, Timothy Snider and German Suarez.
- The election of Mr. Luis Coleridge as President of the Audit Committee. This Committee is composed of the following Independent Board Members: Messrs. Luis Coleridge, Felipe Ortiz-de-Zevallos and German Suarez.
- The election of Mr. Felipe Ortiz-de-Zevallos as President of the Compensation Committee. This Committee is composed of the following Independent Board Members: Messrs. Carlos del-Solar, Felipe Ortiz-de-Zevallos and German Suarez.
- The Nominating Committee is composed of all Board of Director Members and will be chaired by Mr. Roque Benavides.
Compania de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A. is Peru’s largest, publicly-traded precious metals company and a major holder of mining rights in Peru. The Company is engaged in the mining, processing, development and exploration of gold and silver and other metals via wholly owned mines as well as through its participation in joint exploration projects.
Buenaventura currently operates several mines in Peru (Orcopampa, Uchucchacua, Antapite, Julcani, Recuperada and Caraveli), has controlling interest in two mining companies (CEDIMIN and El Brocal), as well as a minority interest in several other mining companies in Peru. The Company owns 43.65% in Minera Yanacocha S.R.L. (a partnership with Newmont Mining Corporation), an important precious metal producer, and 19.22% in Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde, an important Peruvian copper producer.
To request a printed version of the Company’s 2010 annual report on Form 20-F, contact the persons indicated below.
This news release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, that are intended to be covered by the safe harbor created by such sections. Such forward-looking statements include, without limitation, statements regarding future mining or permitting activities. Where Buenaventura expresses or implies an expectation or belief as to future events or results, such expectation or belief is expressed in good faith and believed to have a reasonable basis. However, forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from future results expressed, projected or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include those concerning the Company’s, Yanacocha’s and Cerro VerdeÃ‚´s costs and expenses, results of exploration, the continued improving efficiency of operations, prevailing market prices of gold, silver and other metals mined, the success of joint ventures, estimates of future explorations, development and production, subsidiaries’ plans for capital expenditures, estimates of reserves and Peruvian political, economical, legal and social developments. For a more detailed discussion of such risks and other factors, see the company’s 2006 Annual Report on Form 20-F, which is on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as the company’s other SEC filings. Buenaventura does not undertake any obligation to release publicly revisions to any “forward-looking statement,” to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this news release, or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as may be required under applicable securities laws.
Visit our website: http://www.buenaventura.com
Contacts in Lima:
Roque Benavides / Carlos Galvez
Compania de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A.
Tel: (511) 419-2538 / 419-2540
Investor Relations: Daniel Dominguez
Tel: (511) 419-2536
Contacts in New York:
Maria Barona / Peter Majeski
i-advize Corporate Communications, Inc.
Tel: (212) 406-3690
SOURCE Compania de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A.