JouleX Releases Revolutionary Data Center Energy Management Solution
LAS VEGAS and ATLANTA, May 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — INTEROP — JouleX, the leading innovator in enterprise energy management systems for data centers, distributed office environments, and facilities, introduces today JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for Data Centers, the first energy-management solution engineered specifically to help data center operators optimize energy usage and drive energy efficiency.
The third offering announced in the new JouleX Energy Manager family product line, JEM for Data Centers measures dynamic energy consumption and utilization of any device attached to the network and extends JouleX Energy Manager’s (JEM) agentless technology to data center environments, supporting devices such as physical and virtual servers, core routers and switches, storage, power distribution units (PDUs) and other devices and systems. It also applies innovative Load Adaptive(TM) energy management technology, based on the principles of conservation and optimization.
“Many data center operators don’t know how much power is used or where it’s being used, in large part because they simply have not had the granular visibility into data center power and utilization,” said Mark Davidson, sustainability officer, at JouleX. “JouleX Energy Manager for Data Centers combines active energy monitoring and dynamic energy measurement to provide unprecedented visibility into energy utilization and consumption–ultimately driving energy optimization. This type of energy intelligence allows us to revolutionize IT energy-efficiency in the data center.”
JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for Data Centers Delivers Best-of-Breed Technology, and Adds New Functionality to Address Specific Energy Needs
JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for Data Centers includes all the key features found in JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for PCs and JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for Distributed Office, including the ability to measure utilization and energy usage by device without installing software agents or expensive hardware meters; optimize power usage through an extensive policy- and rules-based engine that doesn’t require changes to network or security configurations. JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for Data Centers also enables sustainable procurement–providing the ability to compare actual energy consumption of similar replacement devices so companies can select the most energy-efficient devices and systems to refresh, as well as produce powerful, centralized enterprise sustainability reporting.
The new features and benefits that come with JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for Data Centers allow companies to:
Utilize JouleX Load Adaptive technologies to help reduce data center energy costs by as much as 50 percent.
- Integrate with Cisco, Intel, and VMware’s vCenter.
- Support for Cisco EnergyWise API to report actual energy consumption of core switches/routers and reduce power consumption by dynamically allocating services.
- Leverage Intel technology to dynamically allocate the right amount of power only to those servers that need to perform productive work.
- Provide “power capping” to minimize the amount of energy supplied when idle or operating at less than full capacity.
- Accurately measure system and application utilization and energy loads at the server, virtual machine and application level.
- Leverage integration with VMware’s vCenter to dynamically request virtual applications to be moved to lower-cost data centers or more energy-efficient racks or to increase server utilization and energy performance.
Provide actual energy context to power capacity planning in the data center.
- Pinpoint “dead” and under-utilized servers that are consuming too much energy.
- Identify under-utilized servers to maximize energy performance.
- Assist power capacity planning by providing actual data on energy consumption and utilization by device, rack, make, model, etc.
- Improve Power Utilization Efficiency (PUE), Data Center Efficiency/Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency (DCE/DCIE) metrics.
- Release “stranded” power in data center circuits.
Optimize virtualization/cloud computing energy by monitoring, analyzing and controlling power and utilization across both physical and virtual environments.
- Gain visibility beyond the PDU and rack to the physical server and allocate energy across virtual machines and applications.
- Identify energy consumption by application and cost center for charge-back.
- Pinpoint underutilized servers and low-density servers consuming the most energy (prime candidates for virtualization).
- Identify dead and idle servers for retirement.
Automate demand response.
- Include technical devices as part of a utilities-sponsored demand-response program.
- Dynamically respond to demand-response requests with pre-determined policies.
- Reduce peak energy costs by setting policies that reduce consumption during peak pricing times and situations.
JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) for Data Centers is available now. Pricing is on a per-device basis. Current customers will not be affected, but will benefit from the product’s new features and enhancements.
About JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) Technology
The JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) technology reduces energy costs by monitoring, analyzing and controlling energy usage of all network-connected devices and systems–no client-side agents, or hardware meters required. JEM supports energy management and corporate sustainability initiatives by performing four primary functions:
Discovery and Measurement
JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) remotely measures energy consumption, costs and carbon emissions for all network-connected devices and systems across the enterprise network, data center and facilities
Analyze and Simulate
JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) pinpoints energy reduction opportunities by analyzing energy data (consumption, costs, carbon, savings, etc.) by any grouping (date, time, location, device, application, cost center, business unit, etc.). JEM also enables you to simulate energy-saving scenarios.
Policy and Control
JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) enables you to create policies to automatically control energy consumption using JEM’s time-based, location-based and robust event-based policies. JEM’s execution proxies use existing network and systems management infrastructure to automatically control energy usage of devices and systems.
Reporting and Decision Support
JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) provides interactive, drill-down reporting capability. Use JEM to view energy usage, cost, carbon and potential or real-time savings by location, cost center, business unit, device, system or group. JEM also enables cost and usage comparisons over time for specific devices, locations, etc.
JouleX is the leading innovator in sustainable energy management systems for the enterprise. Its flagship solution, the JouleX Energy Manager (JEM), provides the Global 2000 and government agencies with the ability to monitor, analyze and control energy usage for all network connected devices and systems across the enterprise, including in distributed offices, data centers and facilities. Importantly, JEM works without the use of software agents, dramatically reducing installation time and removing the maintenance burden associated with similar technologies. JEM decreases energy costs by up to 60 percent while ensuring availability and provides robust reporting that enables compliance with emerging carbon monitoring requirements.
JouleX was founded in 2009 and is privately held with capital investments from Target Partners and TechOperators. The company is headquartered in Atlanta with European offices located in Paris, Munich and Kassel, Germany. For more information, please visit www.joulex.net, call (404) 567-4445 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ã‚© 2011 JouleX is a registered trademark of JouleX, Inc. JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) and Load-Adaptive Computing are trademarks of JouleX, Inc. All other brands and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder.
For more information: