Optimum Online Receives Highest Ranking From J.D. Power and Associates in Business Telecom Data Services Customer Satisfaction For Small/Midsized Businesses Nationwide
Optimum Business Offers Three Distinct High-Speed Data Products To Meet Businesses Needs
Bethpage, NY (PRWEB) May 20, 2011
Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today announced that its Optimum Online high-speed Internet service received a highest ranking in the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 U.S. Major Provider Business Telecommunications Study ““ Data ServicesSM for small and medium sized businesses. Optimum Online’s overall ranking for data services, in the small/midsize business segment nationwide, ranked highest overall among eight companies.
The study, released by J.D. Power and Associates on May 19th, found that Optimum Online received the “highest numerical score” nationwide (681) resulting in the highest overall customer satisfaction ranking for small/midsize business data service providers, Optimum Online performed particularly well in five of the six factors driving satisfaction: sales representatives/account executives; cost of service; performance and reliability; offerings and promotions; and customer service.
“Optimum Online has been recognized once again as the highest-ranking data service for small and midsized businesses by our customers, the most important judging panel of all,” said Amalia O’Sullivan, Cablevision’s vice president of product management for Optimum Online. “We have been able to succeed consistently by delivering the nation’s highest level of performance, services and value available ““ leading any other provider.”
The 2011 U.S. Major Provider Business Telecommunications Study is based on responses from 5,928 business customers of telecommunications data services at home-based (companies based in a residential location with one to five employees); small/midsize (companies with two to 499 employees) and large enterprise businesses (companies with 500 or more employees) in the United States and includes evaluations of their data service providers. The study was fielded in November 2010 and February 2011.
The study measures customer satisfaction with providers of telecommunications data services, such as cable modem, DSL, T1, T3/DS3, Ethernet and frame relay. It ranks service providers based on customer satisfaction with telecommunications data services, focuses on a range of key product and buying experience attributes across all segments including: performance and reliability, billing, cost of service, offerings and promotions, and customer service. A sixth factor, sales representatives/account executives, is included for small/midsize businesses and large enterprise businesses.
Designed for small-and medium or home-based businesses that require high-speed Internet and voice communications, Optimum Business provides bottom-line benefits like predictable flat rate pricing and highly reliable voice and data services. Optimum Business offers small and medium-sized businesses three powerful and distinct service options to support their business needs: Optimum Online, Optimum Online Boost and Optimum Online Ultra.
The basic level of Optimum Online has speeds up to five times faster than the phone company’s high-speed Internet, with speeds of up to 15 megabits-per-second Mbps downstream and 2 Mbps upstream. Optimum Online Boost delivers downstream speeds up to 30 Mbps and upstream speeds of 5 Mbps, and Optimum Online Ultra offers downstream speeds of up to 101 Mbps and upstream speeds up to 15 Mbps.
Overall, Optimum Business has been recognized as a leading provider for voice and data services by J.D. Power and Associates seven times. For data services, Optimum Online was previously ranked Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among the Home-Based Business Segment in the U.S. Major Provider Business Telecommunications StudySM ““ Data Services ““ in 2010 and 2009 as well as Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among the Small/Midsized Business Segment in 2009. In 2008 and 2010, Optimum Online ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among High-Speed Internet Service Providers in the East Region” in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 and 2010 Internet Service Provider (ISP) Residential Customer Satisfaction StudySM.
For voice services, Optimum Voice was ranked highest for customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Major Provider Business Telecommunications Voice Services StudySM for home-based businesses and small/midsized businesses. In 2008 and 2010 Optimum Voice ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Residential Telephone Service Providers in the East Region” in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 and 2010 Residential Telephone Customer Satisfaction Study.
The full J.D. Power and Associates’ press release and survey results are available at: http://www.jdpower.com/news/pressRelease.aspx?ID=2011063.
Key benefits of Optimum Online for Business include:
- 24/7 Customer Service: Optimum Business customer service is local 24/7 customer support and dedicated technical support.
- Protection with Online Security: Businesses have PC protection with CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2010 including anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, anti-spam and anti-phishing capabilities is available at no charge, including up to three licenses per User ID with a maximum of thee installs as well as a reliable security team devoted to constantly monitoring the network.
- Free WiFi: Optimum WiFi is the most advanced WiFi network in the nation and is fast and it’s free for Optimum Online business customers. Business owners and employees can check email, place orders or research prospective customers from virtually anywhere by logging on to the Internet at thousands of access points across the tri-state area, along with hundreds of commuter rail stations in the New York Metropolitan area. Additionally, customers can turn their own business into an Optimum WiFi hotspot with Optimum Business’ indoor WiFi offer providing their customers with the highest level of convenience, service and accessibility.
- Web Hosting: Optimum Online Boost and Optimum Online Ultra subscribers receive 12GB of web space for hosting a website. Comes with easy to use SiteBuilder tools which include shopping cart, search engine submission and optimization and an annual domain registration. Domain registration allows up to 250 domain based personalized email addresses each with 500MB of storage. Lastly, $50 worth of Google AdWords to help businesses connect with new customers.
- Optimum Business Web Portal: The web portal delegates user authority between the customer system administrator and business end users. Enabling individual user access of Optimum Online and Optimum Voice features while allowing the customer system administrator complete control of all Optimum Business services. Features include; access to Static IP configurations, port configuration of Optimum Online Boost, comprehensive management of Optimum Voice features, call detail records, enhanced voicemail and more.
- Email: Optimum Online provides five optimum.net email accounts each with 500 MB of storage. Both Optimum Online Boost and Optimum Online Ultra provide 15 email accounts each with 1GB of storage. Email also features SpamScrub which automatically filters out unwanted email and limits spam from entering the inbox.
To learn more about Optimum Business, including features, benefits and more, please visit http://www.optimumbusiness.com.
Cablevision Systems Corporation is one of the nation’s leading telecommunications, media and entertainment companies. In addition to delivering its Optimum-branded cable, Internet, and voice offerings throughout the New York area, the company owns and operates cable systems serving homes in four Western states. Cablevision’s local media properties include News 12 Networks, MSG Varsity and Newsday Media Group. Cablevision’s assets also include Rainbow Media Holdings LLC and its programming and entertainment businesses, AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Entertainment, as well as Clearview Cinemas. Additional information about Cablevision is available on the Web at http://www.cablevision.com.
# # #
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2011/5/prweb8466298.htm