July 11, 2011
SolarBridge Technologies Partners With AUO to Launch AC Modules to North American Market
SAN FRANCISCO, July 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Intersolar North America -- SolarBridge Technologies (SolarBridge), the leading developer of module-integrated microinverters for the solar industry, announces a partnership with AU Optronics Corporation (AUO) [TAIEX: 2409; NYSE: AUO] to deliver the AUO AC Unison integrated AC module to the North American market. AUO and SolarBridge have been working closely together to develop this game-changing solution. The AUO AC Unison, a high-efficiency AC module with a preinstalled SolarBridge Pantheon(TM) microinverter, will be sold by AUO through its network of distribution partners.
"We are very pleased to work with SolarBridge to make AC Unison a simple, flexible, safe and integrated module that provides high energy yields, high efficiency, and the lowest LCOE solution on the market," said L.J. Chen, president of AU Optronics Corp. "The AC Unison is designed for 25-year reliability and comes with the industry's first integrated AC module warranty from AUO."
"The advantages of native AC systems over DC-based systems have been known for some time and can now be fully realized," said Ron Van Dell, president and CEO, SolarBridge Technologies. "SolarBridge is proud to enable this ground-breaking solution with such an impressive combination of features."
Advantages of the AC Unison:
- Lowest Installation Cost - The AC Unison is a complete, preassembled system, eliminating the cost of inverter installations in the field. In addition, grounding wires between inverters are not needed and there are no DC cables to manage in the field. The module is easy to install, with "one click" AC wiring.
- Highest Reliability - The SolarBridge Pantheon microinverter was designed to last as long as AUO's module, ensuring that the fully integrated AUO AC Unison has a life expectancy of 25 years or more.
- Highest Energy Production - The SolarBridge microinverter is able to harvest the full output of the AUO module by performing panel-level Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT). The result is an increase in energy production up to 25 percent over traditional string and central inverter based systems.
- Easy, Flexible System Design - As a complete AC assembly, the AC Unison makes system design easy by eliminating the need for string sizing. Because of its energy harvest benefits, the AC Unison can be installed at many sites that were previously unsuitable for solar due to shading or roof obstructions.
- Safest Solution - The AC Unison module eliminates high voltage (up to 600V) DC strings. In emergency situations, first responders are able to turn off power at the AC module so that there is no live wiring anywhere in the building.
The complete AC Unison assembly is designed and tested to meet UL1703 and UL1741 requirements for AC modules. Initially targeting the North American residential market, AUO is accepting advance orders from its distribution partners and will begin shipping AC Unison modules in Q3 2011.
The AUO AC Unison will be on display at Intersolar North America in both the AUO booth (#9910) and the SolarBridge booth (#7452) in San Francisco from July 12 to 14.
About AU Optronics
AU Optronics Corp. (AUO) is a global leader of thin film transistor liquid crystal display panels (TFT-LCD). AUO is able to provide customers with a full range of panel sizes and comprehensive applications, offering TFT-LCD panels in sizes ranging from 1.2 inches to greater than 71 inches. AUO generated NT$467.2 billion in sales revenue in 2010 (US$16 billion) with global operations in Taiwan, Mainland China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, the U.S., and Europe. Additionally, AUO is the first pure TFT-LCD manufacturer to be successfully listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). AUO extended its market to the green energy industry in late 2008. The Display and Solar businesses were established respectively as the Company's two core businesses in October 2010. For more information, please visit www.AUO.com.
About SolarBridge Technologies
SolarBridge Technologies, a leader in integrated microinverter technologies for the solar industry, is accelerating the adoption of rooftop solar energy in residential and commercial applications. SolarBridge's patented Pantheon microinverter mounts directly onto solar modules, greatly increasing system efficiency and reliability, while reducing the cost of solar installation and maintenance. The Pantheon microinverter is designed to match the lifetime of solar modules, enabling module manufacturers to provide a 25-year warranty on their AC modules. The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas. For more information, visit www.solarbridgetech.com.
SOURCE SolarBridge Technologies