July 26, 2011
New Chevrolet Malibu More Connected with MyLink
DETROIT, July 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Chevy fans can celebrate 100 years of Chevrolet on PandoraÃ® with a dedicated channel and Top 100 Chevy song list
- MyLink allows drivers to easily use their communications technology while their phone remains safely stowed
- Customers can safely and easily customize their radio and listen to online programs with PandoraÃ® and Stitcher SmartRadioÃ®
The 2013 Chevrolet Malibu will give customers a higher level of in-vehicle wireless connectivity and customized infotainment options, thanks to Chevy's MyLink.
Chevy fans are celebrating Chevrolet's 100th anniversary on Pandora with a dedicated Chevrolet station playing the Top 100 songs mentioning the brand. Among them are "American Pie" by Don McLean, "Crocodile Rock" by Elton John, "Little Red Corvette" by Prince and "Tim McGraw" by Taylor Swift. (Top 100 playlist is at the end of this release.)
PandoraÃ® has more than 100 million users in the U.S. and more than 600 songs across all genres that currently mention Chevrolet, Chevy or the name of a Chevy vehicle in their lyrics. The dedicated Chevy station is scheduled to go live Wednesday. To access the station, PandoraÃ® users should visit www.Pandora.com/chevy100.
"Car buyers considering the all-new 2013 Chevy Malibu don't have to settle for mass market radio," said Jon Hahn, Malibu marketing manager. "They want the option to create their own individual stations and have access to them wherever they are. MyLink makes media personalization easy for consumers on the go."
MyLink adds stereo audio streaming and wireless control of smartphones, building on the voice-activated Bluetooth hands-free calling capability already offered in most Chevy vehicles. MyLink also includes a seven-inch, high-resolution, full-color touch screen display that makes media selection easy to navigate.
MyLink also retains all the capabilities of today's entertainment functions, including AM/FM/Sirius XM tuners, CD player with MP3 playback, auxiliary and USB inputs.
Benefits of MyLink
- Enhanced, hands-free voice control system powered by NuanceÃ®, which allows simple voice commands to initiate phone calls and select radio stations or media from portable MP3 players and smartphones. A tap of a button on the steering wheel enables intuitive verbal control of smartphone applications such as "play (artist name)" or "call (name of contact)" to keep the driver's hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
- PandoraÃ® internet radio allows users to create personalized radio stations based on favorite artists or genres. Stitcher SmartRadioÃ® provides access to thousands of audio programming choices, allowing customers to build a personalized listening experience. MyLink integrates control of both of these apps for a driver-directed listening experience.
- GracenoteÃ® identifies the music collection on the driver's smartphone or MP3 player and presents information such artist name, genres and album cover art on the MyLink screen, and enables users to select similar music to the tunes they love. Gracenote also improves the accuracy of MyLink's voice activation system by allowing users to access music using artist nicknames, such as "The Boss," "G.N.R," or "The Fab Four" simply by using MyLink's touch-screen or steering wheel buttons and voice-control interfaces.
- USB connections add flash memory capability, allowing users to access approved applications to make their MyLink system even more functional, while assuring that drivers keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
Chevrolet MyLink facts
Available Fall 2011
- 2012 Chevrolet Volt
- 2012 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2013 Chevrolet Malibu ECO
MyLink will be introduced on most Chevrolet models during the next 18 to 24 months.
- Seven-inch or eight-inch (depending on model) high-resolution WVGA display with capacitive touch capability
- Bluetooth with hands-free (for phone calls) and A2DP audio-streaming protocol support
- Address book download and hands-free calling
- USB port
- Auxiliary audio input port
- Redundant steering wheel controls
- Enhanced voice recognition powered by Nuance
- Embedded Gracenote music metadata database automatically fills in missing tag information including album art, artist, track, album, etc. when playing back music tracks from portable players, phones, flash drives and CDs
- Gracenote also provides artist aliases to augment accuracy of voice recognition (e.g. "the Boss" for Bruce Springsteen, "Fab Four" for the Beatles, pronunciation of artist names such as Sade that don't match the spelling)
- Album art and other track information is displayed on the screen when playing MP3 files
- Radio software can be upgraded via the USB port
- Stereo audio streaming from Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPod, iPad) is supported via USB
- Wireless stereo audio streaming from Android and Blackberry devices is supported via Bluetooth
- AM/FM/Audio CD/MP3 CD/Sirius XM Satellite Radio
- Selected smartphone apps can be controlled through the MyLink interface via the touch-screen, steering wheel controls or voice commands. The first apps to be supported are Pandora and Stitcher.
- The MyLink interface supports station selection, next track, thumbs up/down for Pandora and Stitcher
- MyLink also supports playback of MP3 files stored on flash memory drives
Pandora's Top 100 Chevy songs
Songs and Artists 99 In The Shade, Bon Jovi Let You Go, The Clarks All The Best, John Prine Metropolis, Trace Adkins Miss Popularity, Jordan American Pie, Don McLean Pruitt Amy's Back In Austin, Movin' Out (Anthony's Little Texas Song), Billy Joel Ball And Chain, Social Mud On The Tires, Brad Distortion Paisley Blitz, Audio Adrenaline Natural Beauty, Neil Young Blue (Da Ba Dee) (Remix), Neutron Dance, The Pointer Eiffel 65 Sisters Blue Jeans, Silvertide Night Moves, Bob Seger One Bud Wiser, Gretchen Captain Jack, Billy Joel Wilson Chattahoochee, Alan Paint The Town Redneck, Jackson J.M. Montgomery Pickin' Wildflowers, Keith Chevrolet, ZZ Top Anderson Picture Perfect, Nelly Chevy Van, Sammy Johns Furtado Putting The Damage On, Tori Chrome, Trace Adkins Amos Racing In The Street, Bruce Contact, Citizen Cope Springsteen Crazy About Her, Rod Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Stewart Boy), Jim Croce Crocodile Rock, Elton John Real Gone, Sheryl Crow Dare To Be Stupid, "Weird Al" Yankovic Renegade, Tim McGraw Don't Forget To Remember Me, Carrie Underwood Repetition, David Bowie Dr. Feelgood (Live), Ridin' In My Chevy, Snoop Motley Crue Dogg Riding With Private Malone, Drive South, John Hiatt David Ball Right Time Of The Night, El Camino, Ween Jennifer Warnes She's In Love With The Boy, El Tejano, Cowboy Troy Trisha Yearwood Everytime It Rains, Small Town Girl, Kellie George Strait Pickler Fall In Love, Kenny Something On, The Chesney Tragically Hip Family Reserve, Lyle Lovett Song Of The South, Alabama Fightin' Words, Trace Adkins Still Love You, Rod Stewart Girls With Guitars, Wynonna Judd Superstar, Sheryl Crow Go 'Head, Mystikal Suzy And Jeffrey, Blondie Go Lil' Camaro Go, The Tannin Bed Song, Shawn Ramones Mullins Going Back To Cali, LL The Greeting Song, Red Hot Cool J Chili Peppers Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man, Rolling Here I Am, Lyle Lovett Stones Here's To You, Rascal Three Marlenas, The Flatts Wallflowers Thunder Road, Bruce How Bizarre, OMC Springsteen Thundering Hearts, John Hustlin', Rick Ross Mellencamp I Can Only Think Of One, Dierks Bentley Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift Twentieth Century Fox, 38 I Go Back, Kenny Chesney Special I Got You, Dwight Yoakam Unappreciated, Cherish I Learned That From You, Uneasy Rider, Charlie Sara Evans Daniels I Won All The Battles, Tracy Lawrence Union Sundown, Bob Dylan I'll Be Your Johnny On The Spot, Ween Water, The Who I'm Customized, The West Texas Highway, Lyle Cramps Lovett I'm Just A Girl, Deana When I Think About Leaving, Carter Kenny Chesney I've Got A Rock N' Roll When You Close Your Eyes, Heart, Eric Clapton Night Ranger Where Have All The Cowboys If I Stay, Tracy Byrd Gone?, Paula Cole Why Do We Want What We Know Jesse Went To War, Marcy We Can't Have?, Reba Playground McEntire You Never Know Just How Joe Rey, Fountains of Good You've Got It, Tracy Wayne Byrd Keeping The Faith, Billy You Win My Love, Shania Joel Twain Less Than Zero, Elvis Young Blood, Rickie Lee Costello Jones
About 2013 Malibu
The new Chevrolet Malibu will be sold in nearly 100 countries on six continents. It will be available in LS, LT, ECO and LTZ models in North America. Malibu production in the United States is scheduled to begin in early 2012 with the ECO model. Malibu will be built in multiple locations around the globe, including the Fairfax, Kan. and Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plants in the United States. Pricing will be announced later this year.
Founded in Detroit in 1911, Chevrolet celebrates its centennial as a global automotive brand with annual sales of about 4.25 million vehicles in more than 120 countries. Chevrolet provides consumers with fuel-efficient, safe and reliable vehicles that deliver high quality, expressive design, spirited performance and value. The Chevrolet portfolio includes iconic performance cars such as Corvette and Camaro; dependable, long-lasting pickups and SUVs such as Silverado and Suburban; and award-winning passenger cars and crossovers such as Spark, Cruze, Malibu, Equinox and Traverse. Chevrolet also offers "gas-friendly to gas-free" solutions including Cruze Eco and Volt. Cruze Eco offers 42 mpg highway while Volt offers 35 miles of electric, gasoline-free driving and an additional 344 miles of extended range. Most new Chevrolet models offer OnStar safety, security and convenience technologies including OnStar Hands-Free Calling, Automatic Crash Response and Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. More information regarding Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com
SOURCE General Motors