Virgin America and Gilt City Team Up to Provide Insider Offers for Premium Main Cabin Select Seats
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Virgin America, the airline reinventing flying, and Gilt City, the leading online lifestyle destination for curated local offers, today announces they will partner to provide special Insider Offers for the airline’s premium Main Cabin Select service – with escalating discounts for the more flights* purchased. Gilt City members can now score major discounts on the airline’s upscale and stylish Main Cabin Select service across its route network – including the newest Gilt City markets of Dallas-Fort Worth, Seattle and Washington, D.C. In addition, Virgin America Elevate members who join Gilt City at www.giltcity.com/elevate will earn 250 Elevate points** plus an additional 250 points for their first Gilt City purchase. Existing Gilt City members can visit www.giltcity.com for more details – and new members can sign up today through August 10, 2011, to score the deal.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Gilt City – to provide savvy flyers with more perks and amenities for even less,” said Brett Billick, Director of CRM at Virgin America. “The Virgin America experience is designed to be like no other, marrying inventive design and state-of-the-art technology, and now travelers will have a chance to enjoy priority boarding, free movies, food and cocktails at 35,000 feet in Main Cabin Select for an amazing deal.”
Virgin America’s premium Main Cabin Select service offers guests 38″ of seat pitch – about 6 inches more legroom than Main Cabin seating, unlimited complimentary cocktails and snacks from the airline’s award-winning menu on-demand via Virgin America’s Red(TM) in-flight entertainment system, free unlimited movies and premium TV like HBO and Showtime, priority security access and boarding and one free checked bag.*
Virgin America’s Gilt City Main Cabin Select Insider Offers can be purchased as short-haul, medium-haul or long-haul*** packages. Sample Insider Offers include:
- Ten roundtrip Main Cabin Select medium-haul nonstop flights* for $2870. Based on a sample roundtrip fare of $574 (taxes, restrictions and fees applying) for each Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) – San Francisco International Airport (SFO) flight, a guest would instead pay $287 per roundtrip (taxes, restrictions and fees applying) with the Insider Offer.*
- Five roundtrip Main Cabin Select medium-haul nonstop flights* for $1521. Based on a sample roundtrip fare of $574 (taxes, restrictions and fees applying) for each Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) – San Francisco International Airport (SFO) flight, a guest would instead pay $304 per roundtrip (taxes, restrictions and fees applying) with the Insider Offer.*
- Three roundtrip Main Cabin Select medium-haul nonstop flights* for $964. Based on a sample roundtrip fare of $574 (taxes, restrictions and fees applying) for each Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) – San Francisco International Airport (SFO) flight, a guest would instead pay $321 per roundtrip (taxes, restrictions and fees applying) with the Insider Offer.*
“Offering Gilt City members access to Virgin America’s premium Main Cabin Select service at insider prices is an incredible package that we are excited to bring to the site,” said Nathan Richardson, president of Gilt City. “Gilt City brings unique local offers and experiences to our members and we are thrilled to now be able to provide them luxury transportation to get them to their destination in style. Our partnership with Virgin America was created to help our members love their city – and the city that they’re visiting – more.”
Known for its beautifully designed mood-lit cabins, innovative amenities and topnotch service, Virgin America has won a list of industry best-in-class awards since its 2007 launch, including “Best Domestic Airline” in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 and “Best Domestic Airline” in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2008, 2009 and 2010 Readers’ Choice Awards. Virgin America’s Elevate frequent flyer loyalty program offers guests the ability to redeem points for any unsold seat — on any Virgin America flight, at any time. Elevate offers Web-based redemption with no black-out dates and has grown to over 1.9 million members in just four years. Last year, Virgin America rolled out changes to Elevate in order to give flyers more flexibility to earn and redeem points for travel on the airline. Elevate members are also able to retain their Elevate points indefinitely, as long as they either earn or redeem points at least once every 18 months.
Virgin America flies to San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C., Seattle, Las Vegas, San Diego, Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Cabos, Cancun and Chicago.
Gilt City is currently available in ten markets across the US including New York, Boston, Miami, Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle.
About Virgin America: Headquartered in California, Virgin America offers guests attractive fares and a host of innovative features aimed at reinventing air travel. In just over three years flying, Virgin America was named “Best Domestic Airline” in the Conde Nast Traveler 2008, 2009 and 2010 Readers’ Choice Awards and “Best Domestic Airline” in Travel + Leisure’s 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 World’s Best Awards. The airline’s new aircraft offer interactive in-flight entertainment systems and power outlets near every seat. Virgin America offers Gogo(TM) WiFi on every flight and hosts the largest in-flight entertainment library in the North American skies via the touch-screen Red(TM) platform. Virgin America offers unrivalled value with low fares and innovative features like touch-screen seatback entertainment, WiFi, power outlets, mood-lighting and custom-designed leather seating with a deeper, more comfortable pitch. Virgin America’s staff training includes a special focus on delivering concierge-like guest care. In April, the airline opened its new home as an anchor tenant at SFO’s sleek and sustainable new Terminal 2 (T2). For more: www.virginamerica.com.
About Elevate: Elevate is Virgin America’s first-of-its-kind loyalty program, which offers guests the ability to redeem points for any unsold seat – on any Virgin America flight, at any time. Elevate offers one of the industry’s most generous and easy-to-redeem flight reward programs, as few as four roundtrips or 2,500** points can earn members a reward flight. Elevate members are able to retain their points indefinitely, as long as they either earn or redeem points at least once every 18 months.*** Elevate members receive exclusive offers that only the world-class Virgin brand could provide, such as tickets to the star-studded in-flight premiere of HBO’s Entourage and the chance to compete to earn a seat on a Virgin Galactic sub-orbital space flight.
About Gilt City: Gilt City provides access to a broad range of local services at exclusive prices to its membership. Each sale lasts seven days and features many of a city’s most sought-after restaurants, concerts, cultural offerings and more. Gilt City is currently available in 10 markets including: New York, Boston, Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Atlanta, Dallas, Seattle and Washington, D.C. A subsidiary of Gilt Groupe Inc., Gilt City is headquartered in New York City with local curators in each market. To find out more please visit www.giltcity.com.
* Terms and Conditions: Travel must occur by June 15, 2012. This offer is valid only for nonstop or connecting travel; offer is not valid for any multi-city itineraries. Promo code may only be used for bookings made on virginamerica.com and is only valid on itineraries of 1 guest only. Fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 each way. A segment is a takeoff and landing. For service to/from Mexico, fares do not include the U.S. Immigration User Fee of $7, the U.S. APHIS fee of $5, a U.S. International Arrival/Departure Tax of $16.30 each way (except as noted below) and additional taxes/fees of up to $60, including: Mexico International Departure Tax and Mexico Tourism Tax. All taxes and fees noted above will be payable at time of booking. . Important Note on Suspension of Federal Percentage Excise Taxes, Federal Segment Tax and U.S. International Arrival/Departure Tax: Federal authority to impose this tax has expired with respect to tickets sold on or after July 23, 2011 for travel on or after that date, and, as a consequence, Virgin America will not collect these taxes until such time as they are re-instated by the U.S. Congress. One time use promo code is valid for Main Cabin Select tickets only in fare classes W and O. Travel must occur between August 15, 2011 and June 15, 2012. Blackout dates are: September 2, and September 5, November 23, 26, 27, and 28, December 16, 17, 23, 24, 26, 30, 2011, January 2, February 17, 20, April 6, 9 and May 28, 2012. Promo code may be used only towards newly booked travel and may not be applied to prior bookings. Promo code discount will be deducted off of base fare. Promo code may not be redeemed for cash. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers nor resold. Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights. Travel may not be cancelled once booked, however booking may be changed by contacting Virgin America’s reservation call center at a cost of $20 per guest per itinerary. Promo codes redeemed through Virgin America’s reservation call center will cost an additional $20 per guest per itinerary; this amount is non refundable if travel is changed or cancelled. Fares will not be honored retroactively or in exchange for any wholly or partially used ticket. Fares, routes, fees and schedules are subject to change without notice. For travel within the U.S., Virgin America will accept one (1) piece of checked baggage up to 50 pounds (70 pounds for travel through Oct. 28, 2011) free of charge for each ticketed guest. The fee per guest for each additional checked bag up to 50 pounds from the second (2) to the tenth (10) is $25. For travel to/From Mexico, Virgin America will accept one (1) piece of checked baggage up to 50 pounds (70 pounds for travel through Oct. 28, 2011) and one (1) piece up to 50 pounds free of charge for each ticketed guest. The fee per guest for each additional checked bag up to 50 pounds from the third (3) to the tenth (10) is $25. Additional fees apply to baggage exceeding these weight limitations, and other baggage restrictions may apply. Fares, routes, fees and schedules are subject to change without notice.
** Points required to redeem an Elevate travel reward on Virgin America will be publicly available on a seat and flight-specific basis and are subject to change. Domestic reward bookings are subject to a security fee of $2.50 per segment, payable by credit card or Virgin America credit file. The Passenger Facility Charge and Segment Fees are waived for domestic reward bookings. For international reward bookings, Virgin America guests are responsible for the taxes and fees incurred from international travel. These taxes and fees are subject to change at the discretion of each country’s government and also vary from country to country depending on the origin and destination.
*** Virgin America nonstop long-haul routes include flights between John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) and from both San Francisco International Airport and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to:
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Cancun International Airport (CUN)
*** Virgin America nonstop medium-haul routes include flights from:
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) to San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD) to SFO
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) to LAX
*** Virgin America nonstop short-haul routes include flights from:
- SEA to SFO
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) to SFO
- LAX to SFO
- San Diego International Airport (SAN) to SFO
SOURCE Virgin America