August 4, 2011
Westinghouse Announces Appointment of Rick Gabbianelli as Senior Vice President of Strategy
PITTSBURGH, Aug. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Westinghouse Electric Company today announced the appointment of Rick Gabbianelli as senior vice president of its Strategy organization.
In this newly formed role, Mr. Gabbianelli will lead Westinghouse in the implementation of the following strategic priorities:
- analyzing and prioritizing opportunities to sell and build new nuclear plants;
- sustaining growth and operational excellence within core businesses;
- differentiating the company through technology leadership;
- identifying and responding to significant business threats and risks; and
- optimizing long-term strategic investments for Westinghouse.
Mr. Gabbianelli will report to Westinghouse president and CEO Dr. Aris Candris, who said of the appointment: "Strategy is vital to the ongoing success of Westinghouse as a company. In the post-Fukushima industry environment, the need for single-point executive focus is apparent to drive our new strategic initiatives. The global business acumen demonstrated by Mr. Gabbianelli will serve Westinghouse well in this new role."
Westinghouse Electric Company, a group company of Toshiba Corporation (TKY:6502), is the world's pioneering nuclear energy company and is a leading supplier of nuclear plant products and technologies to utilities throughout the world. Westinghouse supplied the world's first pressurized water reactor in 1957 in Shippingport, Pa. Today, Westinghouse technology is the basis for approximately one-half of the world's operating nuclear plants, including 60 percent of those in the United States.
SOURCE Westinghouse Electric Company