Business News Archive - September 27, 2005
By Rick Barrett, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sep. 27--If John Alioto lived in Michigan, Illinois or any of a dozen other states, his Chevy Tahoe pickup would be subject to a factory recall to correct a brake problem caused by road salt that's resulted in hundreds of complaints and accidents.
Four merchant groups have filed an antitrust lawsuit against Visa USA, MasterCard Inc. and dozens of major banks, saying they colluded to set excessive credit card fees.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.