Business News Archive - September 07, 2005
Less than six months after taking over at Hewlett-Packard Co., Chief Executive Mark Hurd on Wednesday said there's still "a lot of work to do."
By Jeremy Pelofsky WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. wireless industry pledged on Wednesday it would not cut off customers who were uprooted last week by Hurricane Katrina and have not paid their cellphone bills.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.