Business News Archive - January 18, 2006
Weak results from technology bellwethers Intel Corp. and Yahoo Inc. will likely mean bad news for global stock markets, raising concerns that tech spending in 2006 could be less than expected.
Trading a powerful corporate job for fixing toilets is not everyone's idea of personal improvement. But for Brian Henry it also meant swapping clogged highways for empty beaches and managing his own business.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Growth in Hispanic television, Internet and cable television advertising is expected to boost U.S. ad spending by 5.4 percent in 2006, according to a study by TNS Media Intelligence released on Wednesday. U.S.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.