Business News Archive - November 30, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Pacific Gas and Electric Company today announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mirant Delta's partially constructed Contra Costa Unit 8 electric generation facility.
New Jersey's Marcal Paper Mills Inc., which makes tissues and napkins, filed for bankruptcy Thursday, blaming soaring natural gas prices.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.