Business News Archive - March 01, 2006
Bankrupt Northwest Airlines Corp. on Wednesday reached a tentative labor deal with its flight attendants union but still faces a possible strike should it fail to reach agreement with its pilots ahead of a court-imposed deadline later in the day.
Word of the Day
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
'Siliqua' comes from a Latin word meaning 'a pod.'