Business News Archive - June 07, 2006
By Steven Oberbeck, The Salt Lake Tribune Jun. 7--Mike Peterson Oil Co., one of state's largest gasoline "jobbers," has sold the bulk of its assets to Houston-based Petroleum Wholesale L.P. in a move that marks a major expansion for the Texas company into northern Utah.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.