Business News Archive - September 27, 2006
By Becky Purser, The Macon Telegraph, Ga. Sep. 27--FORT VALLEY -- Terry Spillers, on trial for murder in the beating death of a Fort Valley man who gave alcohol to his underage son, told his wife he was afraid he had "messed him up really bad," according to testimony Tuesday.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.