Business News Archive - February 16, 2007
By Dave Lieber, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Texas Feb. 16--Keeping a sharp eye on AT&T. Open government expands in Texas education. Troubled travel company has new owners. And advice to deal with home-repair contractors. Today we share a slew of Watchdog mini-stories.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.