Business News Archive - April 05, 2007
By David Ovalle, The Miami Herald Apr. 5--A U.S. Navy deserter arrested at Miami International Airport as he picked up a security credential for a job there was released from jail Thursday morning.
By The Bradenton Herald, Fla. Apr. 5--The Florida Highway Patrol is reporting accidents in Manatee and Sarasota counties: A vehicle crash with roadblock at 7:30 a.m. in Sarasota on U.S. 301 and Northgate Boulevard.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.