Business News Archive - November 01, 2008
CHARLESTON, W.Va., Oct. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- This weekend, the change to Eastern Standard Time is also a good time to get ready for West Virginia's upcoming change to local 10-digit dialing.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D., Oct. 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- VeraSun Energy Corporation , one of the nation's largest ethanol producers announced today the Company and 24 of its subsidiaries have filed voluntary petitions for relief under chapter 11 of the U.S.
British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Cabinet allies are poised to approve a controversial new runway for Heathrow Airport in London, sources say.
An Italian investors group negotiating to rescue Alitalia Airlines says it will continue talking with unions despite the passing of a self-imposed deadline.
Canadian anti-terrorism officials are investigating the third bombing in three weeks of a natural gas pipeline in remote areas of British Columbia.
US ethanol producer Verasun Energy says it has declared bankruptcy after sustaining huge losses on the corn futures market.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.