Business News Archive - March 05, 2008
ICA Fluor, the industrial engineering and construction subsidiary of Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) and Empresas ICA, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV:ICA)(NYSE:ICA), announced today that it has been awarded a $100 million (USD) contract with EnergÃa Costa Azul, S. de R.L.
Probe Resources Ltd. (the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: PBR) is pleased to announce as follows: Appointment of Chief Executive Officer The Board of Directors has appointed L. Scott Broussard as the Chief Executive Officer of the Company. The Company has nominated Mr.
DENVER, March 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Altira Group LLC -- the pioneer and leader in venture capital and private equity funding for energy technology companies -- announced the closing of its most recent fund, Altira Technology Fund V L.P.
Ground crew workers at German airports joined a strike of public sector employees Wednesday, forcing the cancellation of many flights. Lufthansa encouraged domestic passengers to switch to rail, Deutsche Welle reported. Overseas flights were not affected.
February 2008 witnessed four prepackaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings by publicly-traded companies. Those four Debtors alone hold total pre-petition assets greater than $2 billion, according to BankruptcyData.com, a Boston-based website that tracks business bankruptcies.
ST. PAUL, Minn., March 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Sun Country Airlines announced today, Stan Gadek will be joining the airline as CEO/President. Gadek comes to Sun Country from AirTran where he held the position of Sr. VP Finance and CFO since 2000.
P2 Energy Solutions, a leading provider of business software and outsourcing services to the oil and gas industry, announces that Highland Oil & Gas LLC., based in Fort Smith, Arkansas, has implemented its Petroleum Financial (PFI) outsourcing solution to manage its growing land and accounting needs.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.