Business News Archive - April 15, 2008
Electronic office equipment company Xerox has settled a class action lawsuit filed against it in May 2001 by current and former African-American sales representatives. The suit alleged race discrimination with respect to sales territory assignments, quotas, and compensation.
Mxi Technologies announced today that Air Canada, Canada's largest airline, has selected the Maintenix(R) maintenance management software for fleet-wide implementation.
iQ4bis Software Inc., a global, software provider that offers an end-to-end business intelligence solution for business managers and executives in midmarket enterprises, today announced that The YMCA Retirement Fund, a not-for-profit church pension fund organized and operated for the purpose of providing retirement and other benefits for employees of YMCAs throughout the United States, has implemented the iQ4bis Analysis and DataServer software suite as its business intelligence solution.
Based on its recent analysis of the solar energy development market, Frost & Sullivan recognizes Suntech Power with the 2008 Global Frost & Sullivan Company of the Year Award.
Spirit Airlines has started a daily non-stop service between San Antonio, Texas and Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The company said that a second daily flight will begin on May 1, 2008. The new route will be operated by Spirit's Airbus fleet.
Gastem (TSX VENTURE: GMR) is pleased to announce that it has begun Phase I of its 2 phase development program on the Utica Shale Properties in New York State. In this initial phase, Gastem will proceed to drill and frac three vertical wells during Q2 2008.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.