Business News Archive - March 06, 2009
The law of diminishing returns snuck up on two European central banks Thursday, when interest rate cuts failed to bolster stock markets. The Bank of England and the European Central Bank each cut their key lending rates 50 basis points, a playbook staple that adds liquidity to financial systems and gives private banks some breathing room until commercial loans make a corresponding adjustment. However, as U.S.
CALGARY, March 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Addax Petroleum Corporation ("Addax Petroleum" or the "Corporation") (TSX: AXC and LSE: AXC), announces that Mr.
CALGARY, Canada, March 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Addax Petroleum Corporation ("Addax Petroleum" or the "Corporation") (TSX: AXC and LSE: AXC), announces that Mr.
GREENWICH, Conn., March 6 /PRNewswire/ -- White Birch Paper Company, today formally announced the promotion of Christopher M. Brant to the position of President and Chief Operating Officer of the company. Previously Mr. Brant held the position of Executive Vice President of the company.
- Consumers Can Now Access Monthly Video Reviews from Our Automotive Experts, Expanded Vehicle Data and All-New Interactive Blog - ORANGE COUNTY, Calif., March 6 /PRNewswire/ -- NADAguides.com, the leading provider of pricing information and market research for cars, classics, RVs, motorcycles and boats, announced today it will begin its all-new "Car of the Month" program designed to provide consumers with expert commentary and practical information on the cars, trucks and SUVs they are looking for.
Spring Cleaning Starts Early with Gasoline that Cleans and Protects HOUSTON, March 6 /PRNewswire/ -- This morning at Shell stations across the U.S., consumers received a free fill-up with Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines, a new fuel containing a unique, patented cleaning system designed to seek and destroy engine "gunk" (carbon deposits) in all three grades of gasoline.
After PC's and cell phones, are 150 MPG Extreme Hybrids the next big thing from small business? SAN FRANCISCO, March 6 /PRNewswire/ -- AFS Trinity Power Corporation will demonstrate its breakthrough 150 MPG Plug-in Hybrid SUVs in San Francisco today at the invitation of SB California (www.smallbusinesscalifornia.org) and the Washington, D.C.
HARBIN, China, March 6 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- Harbin Electric, Inc., ("Harbin Electric" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: HRBN), a leading Chinese developer and manufacturer of a wide array of electric motors, today announced that it will host a conference call to discuss the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2008 financial results at 8:30 a.m.
ZESS 50 with ZESS POWR(TM) TO BE INSTALLED FOR TELCO CELL SITES MILWAUKEE, March 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- ZBB Energy Corporation (NYSE Alternex: ZBB) announced today that it has received an order for a standard, modular, ZESS 50 energy storage system incorporating ZBB's new and proprietary ZESS POWR(TM) power electronics system, from Likusasa Engineering and Contracting Pty Ltd (Likusasa) of South Africa. Likusasa provides a full range of specialist project management skills, from design to commissioning & integration to assist its partners/clients in infrastructure development.
Announces significant contract with Major Biopharmaceutical Company BELGIUM, Wis., March 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mach One Corporation (Pink Sheets: MNCN), is pleased to announce that its subsidiary, Modular Process Constructors LLC, is changing its name to MPS BioPharm to better reflect its vision, and announces that it received a contract and deposits from a major global biopharmaceutical and consumer health company.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.