Business News Archive - April 28, 2009
New report from the Cleantech Group and Real Deals lists potential cleantech winners and losers as investors reassess their appetite for risk COPENHAGEN, April 28 /PRNewswire/ -- The Cleantech Group(TM) LLC, founders of the cleantech investment category, along with European private equity magazine and online news service Real Deals, will present their joint report into the European clean technology industry at the Cleantech Forum(R) XXII, Copenhagen on 30th April 2009.
2009 List Includes Century Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles; The Manhattan Project's Enola Gay Hangar at Wendover Airfield in Utah; Frank Lloyd Wright's Unity Temple, Oak Park, Illinois; and Mount Taylor, New Mexico WASHINGTON, April 28 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Trust for Historic Preservation today unveiled the 2009 list of America's 11 Most Endangered Historic Places(R), an annual list that highlights important examples of the nation's architectural, cultural and natural heritage that are at risk of destruction or irreparable damage.
- Net loss of euro 1,286 million (Q1 2008: net profit of euro 1,332 million) - Revenue significantly below prior-year level at euro 18.7 billion - Decreases in unit sales and revenue expected for full-year 2009 - Implementation of measures with the aim of saving euro 4 billion in 2009 - Gradual improvement in operating profitability expected during 2009, but renewed significant operating loss in second quarter - Mercedes-Benz Cars expects positive earnings again in second half of this year STUTTGART, Germany, April 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The global financial and economic crisis and the resulting difficult automotive markets placed a significant burden on the earnings of the Daimler Group (NYSE: DAI) in the first quarter of 2009.
AMSTERDAM, April 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- ARCADIS (Euronext: ARCAD) intends to release its first quarter 2009 results on Thursday, May 7, 2009 before the opening of the Euronext Amsterdam exchange.
TOKYO, April 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
TEMPERANCE, Mich., April 28 /PRNewswire/ -- We are pleased to announce the launch of Thatcher's(TM), a completely new collection of hand crafted and affordable organic liqueurs.
SEATTLE, April 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- L&L International Holdings, Inc., (OTC Bulletin Board: LLFH), a company operating coal mines in the Yunnan Province of China, today announced its operational update and plans for coal mine expansions for the coming fiscal year, starting on May 1, 2009.
MISSION, Texas, April 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Despite a struggling U.S. economy, there is still a critical infrastructure investment in the Rio Grande Valley city of Mission, Texas.
HANFORD, Calif., April 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Thresher Industries, Inc.
- Global Consumer sales increase 8% excluding foreign exchange; up 4% reported - Company-wide adjusted gross margin rate improves 150 basis points - Adjusted earnings per share of $1.25; Reported earnings per share of $1.18 - Consumer purchases at major U.S.
- Like a worm in form or movement; vermiform; tortuous or sinuous; also, writhing or wriggling.
- Like the track or trace of a worm; appearing as if worm-eaten; vermiculate.
- Marked with fine, close-set, wavy or tortuous lines of color; vermiculated.
- A form of rusticated masonry which is so wrought as to appear thickly indented with worm-tracks.