America’s Top Insurance Lawyer, Frank N. Darras, Offers Important Insurance Tips for Soon to Be Graduates
College graduation is right around the corner. With a degree, hopefully comes a job and with a job comes the need for insurance.
Ontario, CA (PRWEB) April 29, 2013
College graduation is right around the corner. With a degree, hopefully comes a job and with a job comes the need for insurance. Health insurance is obviously what soon to be graduates think of most, but there are other types of coverage that those just entering the workforce should be aware of.
“For most college graduates, all they are concerned with is, landing that first real job and getting good health insurance coverage. Yet, there are other types of insurance that they should be asking about when going for interviews that are just as important. While that job may make you feel like you´re on top of the world, you should start preparing for a rainy day and the years ahead,” says Frank N. Darras, America´s top insurance lawyer.
Becoming an adult means recognizing that sometimes things don´t always work out for the best. That´s where insurance comes in handy. It may be a good idea to consult a knowledgeable insurance agent about certain policies, because getting properly covered is as important as your new job.
Darras recommends the following insurance for recent college graduates:
- Health Insurance. According to researchers at Harvard University, health care costs contribute to half of all personal bankruptcies filed in the U.S. In addition, 18-to-29-year-olds make up about a third of the nation´s 47 million uninsured. If possible, get health insurance through an employer-sponsored plan. Talk with the Human Resources contact to find out the details and get the best suited plan. If not offered through an employer, invest in a private health insurance. Remember that individuals can stay on their parent´s health insurance until age 26 now, whether you are married or not.
- Dental Insurance. This is not always covered under a typical health insurance plan. Enroll in the employer-sponsored plan to save the most money. If it´s not offered through an employer, it´s best for graduates to skip it. The monthly premiums will add up to more than what bi-yearly cleanings will cost.
- Auto Insurance. Not only is auto insurance required by every state but New Hampshire and Wisconsin, but it is absolutely needed for young drivers. Premiums vary widely so shop around to ensure you are getting the best deal. To save money, live close to work and get a high deductible
- Disability Insurance. Most young people do not think about disability insurance because they feel invincible. Yet, if they were to become disabled and unable to work, they are the least likely to be prepared financially for that burden. With little in savings and retirement plans, they are facing a life with the inability to make money. Due to their age, graduates should consider individual disability coverage or long-term disability from their employer.
- Life Insurance. If graduates are free from student loans, then life insurance may not be necessary until there is someone depending on them for income. However, if a relative or family friend cosigned on your private student loan, they are responsible for the cost even if you die. Federal student loans are canceled upon death, but most private ones are not. Life insurance is cheap and if the unthinkable happens, your funeral expenses can be paid.
- Renters Insurance. If an individual is renting like many college graduates are, invest in rental insurance. A landlord´s insurance policy will cover the building, but not the contents inside. Policies are cheap, usually less than $10 a month.
Upcoming college graduates should arm themselves with enough knowledge to purchase the right kind of insurance for their needs. Protection for their new assets is important. Comparison shopping will help reduce the overall costs.
DarrasLaw’s attorneys, including founder Frank N. Darras, have received numerous honors and awards from peers, validating the claim that we are America’s top disability firm. Lawdragon has singled out Frank N. Darras for five years in a row as one of the Top 500 Lawyers in America. Since its inception, Super Lawyers has honored him by naming him to its list for his work with disability insurance policyholders. The American Association of Justice lists him as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in California. Best Lawyers in America has profiled DarrasLaw and the firm’s accomplishments on behalf of the disadvantaged and disabled.
At DarrasLaw, our compassion goes hand-in-hand with our legal expertise. We take pride not only in the results we achieve, but the care our team provides along the way. We hire only the top disability attorneys and staff, including our in-house nurse, for their compassion as much as their expertise and knowledge. Hiring the cream of the crop has been critical to maintaining our position as America’s top disability firm.
Our national reach plays a role too. People from all 50 states turn to us for help with individual disability insurance matters.
Nationwide, we review more than 2,500 claims a month. In any given year, we handle more cases than many firms handle in their lifetime. We have recovered more than $750 million in wrongfully denied insurance benefits.
Darras Available for Interviews. Contact robin(at)mcdavidpr(dot)com or call 919-745-9333.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/4/prweb10680616.htm