Education News Archive - October 01, 2005
By Tim Hahn, Erie Times-News, Pa. Sep. 30--EDINBORO -- Three former Edinboro University of Pennsylvania students will stand trial on charges they beat and sexually assaulted another student last spring. Marlon Gunn, 19, and Tyrell P.
By Sara Olkon, The Miami Herald Sep. 30--It was a place where bullies threatened students for simply looking at them the wrong way. A school where, a student testified Thursday, bullies "jumped" him repeatedly, and threatened to beat him. And if he snitched, the attacks only escalated.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.