Education News Archive - January 01, 2006
By Gretchen Losi, Daily Press, Victorville, Calif., Daily Press, Victorville, Calif. Jan. 1--HESPERIA -- With attendance becoming an even more important measure in calculating performance and funding under federal and state laws, schools are grasping for ways to get students to school on time.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.