Education News Archive - March 28, 2006
Prekindergarten registration dates Children must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2006, to participate in the lottery-funded prekindergarten program. The schedule for pre-K registration will be at the following elementary schools: Thursday: Bel Air Elementary School cafeteria, 9 a.m.
By Andrea Eger, Tulsa World, Okla. Mar. 28--The Children's Defense Fund Freedom Schools program is seeking 150 schoolchildren in Tulsa to attend a new, five-week summer academy.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.