Education News Archive - January 26, 2007
By Will Bigham, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, Calif. Jan. 26--CLAREMONT -- In the opening shot of Pitzer College student Zach Miller's prize-winning Jeep Compass ad, an unpictured object travels across rugged hillside terrain, kicking up clouds of dust in its wake.
By CHARLES LUSSIER The East Baton Rouge Parish School Board on Tuesday approved changes to attendance zones at 22 schools, redirecting more than 1,500 students in the process. The changes will take effect with the start of the 2007-08 school year in August.
By TIA MITCHELL This is Pearstine Badger's class. Her name is on the door and her handwriting adorns the bulletin boards and posters covering the walls.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.