Education News Archive - November 14, 2007
Students in the Golden State will soon be using state-approved versions of the math textbooks that helped their counterparts in Singapore crunch numbers better than any children in the world, according to Jeffery Thomas, president of the textbooks' North American distributor, SingaporeMath.com Inc.
Kaplan K12 Learning Services announced that the California State Board of Education (BOE) has named Kaplan's Momentum Math program as an approved Math Intervention program for Grades 4 -- 7.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.