Education News Archive - February 26, 2007
New York City Outward Bound today announced that it will be opening two new small 6-12th grade schools in Brooklyn in September, 2007.
Richard M. Smith, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of Newsweek, congratulated Kaplan University's more than 2,300 online graduates and told those in attendance during Saturday's commencement ceremony they should follow through on promises, be ready for change, and keep learning.
By Jake Jacobs, The Macon Telegraph, Ga. Feb. 26--Attending high school 70 years ago was a tough enough assignment, given the economic realities of the Great Depression. Many students had to cut short their education and go to work in either field or factory to help the family make ends meet.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.