Education News Archive - April 18, 2007
By Paul Clinton STAFF WRITER Ivy League schools flooded with applications have been tightening the screws on the nation's brightest high school seniors, who are finding it harder and harder to gain acceptance to colleges like Harvard, Yale and Princeton.
Carnegie Learning, Inc.'s Algebra I solution has received the 22nd Annual Codie Award for Best K-12 Instruction Solution given each year by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA).
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.