Education News Archive - August 04, 2007
By Thornton, Bill Peltier, Gary; Medina, Ricky Abstract: New demands and high attrition levels of special education teachers have created a crisis for education and extensive additional stress for special education directors and principals.
By Boyle, Joseph R Abstract: Students with mild disabilities have a difficult time recording notes from lectures. Accurate note taking is important because it helps students understand the content from lectures and notes serve as a document for later review.
By Peter Simon, The Buffalo News, N.Y. Aug. 4--KIPP Sankofa Charter School has hired Buffalo's former supervisor of foreign languages as chief executive officer in an effort to reverse a record of failure and convince the state to keep the school open after the 2007-08 school year.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.