Education News Archive - September 10, 2007
LAKE SUCCESS, NY, Sept. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- The Institute for Student Achievement (ISA), a leading school redesign partner, today announced that for the second year in a row, it has been awarded a $10,000 grant from Arrow Electronics, Inc.
By Mary B. Pasciak, The Buffalo News, N.Y. Sep. 10--Several key positions have been filled with new faces in the Amherst School District, and officials are still looking to fill two other spots. A wave of retirements accounted for most of the changes, including the district's top two positions.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.