Education News Archive - January 19, 2011
TAU measures the human mind against the yardstick of a machine.
Associate professor Anne Mangen at the University of Stavangerâ€™s Reading Centre asks if something is lost in switching from book to computer screen, and from pen to keyboard.
High school students are more likely to retake the SAT if they score just below a round number, such as 1290, than if they score just above it.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.