Education News Archive - August 21, 2012
Back to school is not just about loading up your bag with school supplies anymore. It now involves ensuring your smartphone or tablet is filled with the right tools to make your school life easier whether you are a student, teacher, or parent.
How often have you wished you could safely see a lava flow, like the one that destroyed Pompeii? Did you ever wish you could see it in Syracuse, New York?
One hundred and fifty years ago, president Abraham Lincoln signed a law into place that transformed college education, but a new 21st century version would help ease student debt, and help colleges and universities deal with budget cuts.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.