Cox High Speed Internet Rated Fastest in U.S. by PCMag.com
HERNDON, Va., Sept. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Cox Communication’s High Speed Internet service was recently rated “Fastest in the U.S.” by PCMag.com, 44 percent faster than the average Internet service provider, adding another accolade to its award-winning broadband data portfolio.
“Independent third parties have consistently recognized Cox as a broadband leader and we continue to aggressively enhance the speeds and features of our services to deliver the capabilities our customers need,” said Allen Roberts, VP Operations, Cox Virginia.
Cox’s fastest Internet provider ranking was based on data gathered by Speedtest.net for PCMag.com and an index number that weights download speed as 80 percent of importance and upload speed at the remaining 20 percent.
Cox topped the list with an average 18.51 Mbps download, 4.80 Mbps upload and an index score of 15.77. Cable peers rounded out the top three, further indicating the industry’s broadband supremacy over telco-provided DSL.
In the FCC’s comprehensive Measuring Broadband America study released in August, cable also performed better than DSL, on average, delivering higher percentages of advertised upload and download speeds during both 24 hour and peak periods.
Cox has deployed next-generation cable broadband DOCSIS 3.0 technology to all its service areas to enable even faster speeds, available with Cox High Speed Internet Ultimate tier, up to 55 Mbps downloads with PowerboostÂ®*. Cox was a pioneer in offering tiers of Internet service that give customers choices for their budget and provides five options in most markets. The company has also developed a Speed Advisor tool to assist customers in deciding what service level best supports their digital lifestyle.
*PowerboostÂ® offers Cox customers on Preferred, Premier and Ultimate tiers temporary extra bursts of speed that makes downloads and uploads faster by marshaling excess network capacity.
About Cox Communications:
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and wireless services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves more than 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For seven years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; for six years, Cox has ranked among DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity, and the company holds a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
SOURCE Cox Communications