Fall for Strawberries Recipe Contest Open for Submissions
All Cooks, Food Bloggers, Chefs, Foodies and Strawberry Lovers Invited to Enter Recipe Contest to Win up to $500!
WATSONVILLE, Calif., Sept. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Summer may be winding down, but California strawberry farmers are still busy planting and harvesting strawberries all year round. To celebrate their continued availability, the California Strawberry Commission today announced its “Fall for Strawberries” Recipe Contest kicking off the first day of fall with winners announced the week before Thanksgiving.
Strawberry recipe contest winners will receive a total of $1,000 in Amazon gift cards: first place – $500, second place – $350, third place – $150. Winning recipes will be featured on the California Strawberries website for all to share and enjoy.
- Submit recipe online at the California Strawberries Recipe Submission Page beginning Friday, September 23, 2011, through November 11, 2011, at 5:00 p.m. PDT.
- Upload recipe photo at the California Strawberries Facebook Page at (www.facebook.com/castrawberries). Be sure to include recipe title with the words, “I just entered the Fall for Strawberries Recipe Contest.” Alternatively, images and recipe titles can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Eligibility: Must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years or older.
- Online Submission Deadline: Friday, November 11th, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. PDT.
- Prizes: Winners will be announced the week of November 13th and will receive Amazon gift cards: First place – $500, second place – $350, third place – $150.
- Who can enter? – Open to cooks of all levels, including home cooks, food bloggers and chefs.
- Criteria - Recipe must include fresh or frozen strawberries. All categories accepted, including main course, salad, side dish, appetizer or dessert. Dishes should be appropriate for the fall season. Visual appeal, taste, creativity and ease of preparation will be considered in judging.
- Judging – Winning recipes will be selected by California Strawberry Commission staff. Particular consideration will be given to recipes submitted with good quality and creative photos. Further attention will be given to recipe photos that receive comments or “likes” on the California Strawberries Facebook page at www.facebook.com/castrawberries. Contestants are welcome to invite friends to “like” their photos.
For sweet inspiration, visit California Strawberries’ recipe pages for year-round and enticing recipes such as Slow Cooked Pork Belly with Strawberry Rhubarb Marmalade and Strawberry Chicken and Fennel Salad.
Connect with California Strawberries
- Visit the California strawberries page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/castrawberries
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/castrawberries
- More about California strawberries – www.californiastrawberries.com
Download the “Strawberries” app for iPhone or Android
- Download the free “Strawberries” iPhone app: http://bit.ly/aEIItn
- Download the free “Strawberries” Android app: http://bit.ly/eGplhh
About the California Strawberry Commission
The California Strawberry Commission (www.californiastrawberries.com) is a state government agency that represents an industry of 600 growers, shippers and processors of California strawberries. With a focus on food safety education, Commission strategies also include production and nutrition research, trade relations, public policy and marketing communications.
SOURCE California Strawberry Commission