IDG World Expo Unveils Groundbreaking New Macworld | iWorld
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Oct. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — IDG World Expo today announced the launch of Macworld | iWorld, the ultimate iFanEvent where those who use, create and love Apple products will gather for three days to celebrate the intersection of technology and art. Building on Macworld’s legacy as the event for the Apple products marketplace, Macworld | iWorld will showcase innovations for all Apple-related platforms, software, and app development, serving as a true reflection of today’s evolving iOS marketplace.
In addition to its thriving products showcase, Macworld | iWorld will feature Music, Film and Art Showcases that include performances, screenings, workshops and galleries from some of today’s most creative leaders who are using Apple products. As part of the ultimate iFanEvent, attendees will experience three full days of Tech Talks on key mobile content initiatives, including iCloud and Siri, an expanded Mobile Apps Showcase and several new experiential attractions that represent the breadth and depth of what Apple technology has to offer. Macworld | iWorld 2012 will take place January 26 – January 28, 2012, at the Moscone Center – West Hall in San Francisco. Registration is now open at: https://register.rcsreg.com/r2/macsf2012/ga/clear.html.
“Macworld | iWorld goes beyond simply reflecting the current state of the Apple marketplace to amplifying all the different ways that Apple-related products are changing the technology and art landscape every day,” said Paul Kent, vice president and general manager of Macworld | iWorld 2012. “Whether you’re a consumer joining us for the first time to experience all the latest that this marketplace has to offer, a technorati checking out the latest apps, or a long-time veteran coming back to learn about the latest OS X and iOS offerings, Macworld | iWorld has something for you. Attendees will encounter a vibrant atmosphere where the Apple experience is celebrated and where the genius that occurs when great technology meets the creative arts is showcased. Event go-ers will revel in the level of energy and excitement that can only be generated when the most passionate Apple enthusiasts from around the world get together.”
Highlights of Macworld | iWorld will include the following, with more details to be announced in the coming weeks:
- Mobile Apps Showcase and all new Mobile and Social Initiatives — One of the most highly trafficked areas of the show floor, the Mobile Apps Showcase will feature a wide variety of popular apps, “Top Apps of All Time,” as well as hidden gems, “Apps You’d Want to Have on a Desert Island.” Attendees will have opportunities to submit their favorites and vote, via social media, for the apps they’d like to see at Macworld | iWorld. Attendees will have unparalleled opportunities to see, try and learn about the latest iPad, iPhone and iPod innovations directly from the developers and those who created them. Mobile shopping opportunities will allow attendees to buy their favorite products right on the exhibit floor.
- Music Experience — Debuting at Macworld | iWorld, the Music Experience will celebrate all the ways that Apple technology is pushing the state of the art in music performance and production. The lineup includes: a performance and talk with Atomic Tom, a four-man rock band from Brooklyn, New York, that gained popularity after performing its single “Take Me Out” on four iPhones on the New York City subway; a live performance from Beats Antique, a live electronica and world roots-based band bred from the San Francisco performance arts scene; a performance by Eclectic Method, a group that helped pioneer the emerging art of audio-visual remixing; a performance by J Boogie’s Dubtronic Science, a world-renowned DJ/producer who challenges the boundaries of the music world through the creation of a diverse musical language that integrates a wide-range of techniques and genres; and a host of solo and small group performances.
The Music Experience will also include the RISE Electronic Music DJ Battle & Bash where Apple-inspired DJs will compete in a club environment in front of a live audience and a Silent ‘Frisco dance party during which attendees can switch back and forth between different music performances by dueling DJs broadcast wirelessly to patented “Silent Events” headphones.
- Film Event — Debuting at Macworld | iWorld, the Film Event will celebrate the impact of Apple technology on film and television. In addition to screenings of films and TV shows created on the iPhone and iPad, Macworld | iWorld will showcase a series of talks with directors and filmmakers about the creative and technical processes related to iPhone and iPad film creation, including production, editing and distribution, and a video enthusiast reception. The Film Event will also host an exclusive screening of the full-length, unaired South Park Pilot episode followed by a Q&A with South Park Studios show staff.
- Art Showings — Building on the widely-acclaimed visual art elements of past events, the expanded Art Showings will include photography and digital art galleries, featured artist presentations and special events, as well as educational opportunities for creative professionals.
- Tech Talks — Macworld | iWorld introduces Tech Talks, featuring an agenda of entirely new content. More than 65 Talks — including educational sessions, discussions, practical “how-to” presentations and “tips and tricks” advice — featuring more than 30 new presenters, industry luminaries and industry experts, will take attendees inside key Apple-related products, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, iOS and OS X Lion, and help them get the most out of the technologies they use. Also included in the Tech Talks is the innovative Macworld | iWorld RapidFire, a two-hour event featuring consecutive five-minute presentations designed to inform and entertain attendees. A full schedule of Tech Talks can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/techtalks.
Additional events, performances, workshops, shopping, educational programming and networking opportunities will be announced in the coming weeks.
Attendee and media registration for Macworld | iWorld 2012 opens today.
Macworld iFan Passes provide access to the Music Experience, Film Event, Art Showings, Tech Talks, and Exhibit Floor and start at $75. Exhibits only passes start at $25. Additional information about event passes can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/packages-and-prices.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/credentials/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld | iWorld 2012.
Connect with Macworld | iWorld 2012
For current happenings, news and chatter follow Macworld | iWorld 2012 on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/MacworldExpo and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/MACWORLD/58481436623.
About Macworld | iWorld 2012
Macworld | iWorld 2012 is the world’s ultimate fan event for those who use, create, and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. From home users, to artistic hobbyists and professionals, and the true Technorati — Macworld | iWorld 2012 gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo’s portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld | iWorld, MacITÃ‚® Conference, Electronic Entertainment ExpoÃ‚® (E3Ã‚®), Anime ExpoÃ‚®, QuakeCon, HaloÃ‚® Fest, Enterprise MobileNext, Macworld Mobile at Mobile Asia Congress(TM), and Macworld Mobile at Mobile World Congress(TM). IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo