Macworld | iWorld Tech Talks Deliver Unparalleled Education from Leading Apple Technology Experts, Thinkers and Creative Geniuses
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Nov. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — IDG World Expo today announced the full lineup of Tech Talks for Macworld | iWorld, a three-day event featuring new and unique educational and experiential content that takes attendees of all skill levels inside Apple products, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, iOS and OS X Lion, and helps them get the most out of these technologies. More than 75 Tech Talks — including educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical “how-to” presentations and “tips and tricks” learning opportunities — will be led by the industry’s leading topic experts, innovative thinkers and creative geniuses, including 30 presenters participating for the first time. The Tech Talks program also will include Macworld | iWorld RapidFire, a brand new two-hour event featuring consecutive five-minute presentations designed to inform and entertain attendees.
“At Macworld | iWorld, we’re turning the traditional notion of ‘conference’ on its head. Instead of ‘talking head’-style presentations, the greatest minds in the industry will deliver tips and training through highly interactive, entertaining and engaging Tech Talks that cover a wide range of topics for Apple users of all skill levels,” said Paul Kent, vice president and general manager of Macworld | iWorld. “These sessions will help participants unlock the secrets to getting more from their favorite tools and enhance their ability to leverage these tools for creating amazing music, photography, film and education projects. With OS X Lion, iOS 5, iCloud, Siri, and updates to most of the trusted tools now in the marketplace, there is an unprecedented amount of new technology for people to get their hands on and minds around. Macworld | iWorld will help attendees master the use of these technologies and discover the hidden features that will propel productivity and enjoyment to the next level.”
Macworld | iWorld will take place January 26 – January 28, 2012, at the Moscone Center – West Hall in San Francisco.
The full schedule of Tech Talks can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/techtalks. Highlights include:
- Interview & Performance with Atomic Tom hosted by Paul Kent, general manager of Macworld | iWorld. The four-man, Brooklyn, New York-based rock band — featuring Luke White on vocals, Philip Galitzine on bass, Eric Espiritu on guitar and Tobias Smith on drums — gained popularity after performing their single “Take Me Out” using iPhone music apps on a New York City subway. Atomic Tom will perform and sit down with Paul for an interactive interview and Q&A.
- The Making of South Park-Inside South Park’s Animation Studio, a special session that takes you behind the scenes of South Park Studios. A panel of presenters — including Producer Eric Stough, Animation Producer Ryan Quincy and Chief Technology Officer David Lenna — will give attendees insight into how the iconic animated series leverages Macs to produce each episode. Attendees will also get an inside view into the show’s production and technology pipeline that allows the show to turn an idea into a full 22-minute episode in one week.
- “Living on Three Screens (Mac, iPad and iPhone)” with Marshall Clow, long-time Mac developer and Bad Influence at Indio Software. Marshall will help those who have a Mac, an iPad and an iPhone better understand what each device does best and ways to share information across devices and keep them in sync. Marshall will also share recommendations for applications for each device that will increase their utility and enjoyment.
- “Using iOS to Expand Your Business” with Kyle Richter, an experienced iOS consultant and CEO and founder of Dragon Forged Software. Kyle will teach attendees, including small and large business owners, various ways to leverage new mobile technology to help expand their business, reduce cost and overhead, and get a leg up on their competition.
- “40 OS X Tips in 40 Minutes” with David Sparks, author, podcaster and blogger for MacSparky.com and the Mac Power Users Podcast. Along with Merlin Mann and Brett Terpstra, David will go fast and furious through some of the best Mac productivity, enhancement and related tips for getting the most from Apple computers.
- A series of “Appalooza” sessions that will help attendees navigate the vast world of iPhone, iPod and iPad apps to discover the best ones for social media, creativity, productivity, photography and even social interaction.
- “Getting to Know Siri” with Joe Kissell, a best-selling, award-winning author, technologist and senior editor at TidBITS. Joe will provide a comprehensive introduction to Apple’s newly announced Siri speech-recognition “personal assistant” software built into all iPhone 4S smartphones.
- “iCloud’s Little Helpers: Easy Ways to Get More Out of Apple’s Cloud Service” with Jeff Gamet, author of The Designer’s Guide to Mac OS X and managing editor of The Mac Observer. Apple’s iCloud service is great for synchronizing contacts and appointments between the Mac, iPhone and iPad and lets users automatically download iTunes music purchases to all devices; however, the technology has limitations. Jeff will walk attendees through all that Apple’s iCloud service offers, as well as introduce other cloud-based services, including online file storage and alternate photo and music storage solutions, that will help users get even more out of their computers and iOS gear.
- “iOS File Sharing Unleashed” with Ted Landau, author of several troubleshooting books, including Take Control of iPhone iOS, and columnist for Macworld and The Mac Observer. Ted will walk both beginner and intermediate users through the myriad of ways that they can share files between a Mac and an iOS device, between iOS devices and even between apps on an iOS device.
- “Top Stories of the Year” with Jason Snell, vice president and editorial director of MacPublishing, LLC. Jason will walk attendees through some of the biggest Apple-related stories of the year.
Macworld | iWorld’s RapidFire will give presenters just five minutes to get to the point when teaching the audience one little known or little understood feature, one confusing concept or one new approach. Expect to be dazzled as presenters hurry to share their knowledge and beat the clock.
Additional events, performances, workshops, shopping, educational programming and networking opportunities will be announced in the coming weeks.
Attendee registration is now open at: https://register.rcsreg.com/r2/macsf2012/ga/clear.html. Information about event passes and pricing can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/packages-and-prices.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/credentials. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld | iWorld.
Connect with Macworld | iWorld
For current happenings, news and chatter follow Macworld | iWorld on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/MacworldExpo and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/MACWORLD/58481436623.
About Macworld | iWorld
Macworld | iWorld is the world’s ultimate fan event for those who use, create, and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. From home users, to artistic hobbyists and professionals, and the true Technorati — Macworld | iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld | iWorld will take place January 26 – January 28, 2012 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo’s portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld | iWorld, MacITÂ® Conference, Electronic Entertainment ExpoÂ® (E3Â®), Anime ExpoÂ®, QuakeCon, HaloÂ® Fest, and Enterprise MobileNext. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo