“How to Cook EverythingÂ® Vegetarian” – Mark Bittman’s Companion Bestseller to “How to Cook Everything” – is Now Available on the iPad,Â® Too.
PORTLAND, Ore., Nov. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Mark Bittman’s award-winning cookbook How to Cook Everything Vegetarian is now available as a universal app specially designed to run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. This seminal work contains more than 2,000 meatless recipes and variations — plus ample cooking, shopping, and ingredient information — making it a must-have kitchen companion for vegetarian cooks.
Features of the How to Cook Everything Vegetarian app include:
- Intuitive filters that pinpoint searches by multiple ingredients, techniques, or recipe styles
- Access to how-to illustrations and detailed reference information
- Customizable shopping lists and personalized favorites lists
- Built-in timers and a settings option for integrated metric display
- Cooking inspiration with Bittman’s Picks, Menu Ideas, and weekly featured recipes
- Bittman’s encouraging sound bites, to help you explore all parts of the app
- Printing and emailing option for recipes and shopping lists
- Note-taking capability for every recipe
- Bookmarks to hold your place in several recipes at a time
- A constant-on option to allow uninterrupted reading and recipe review
- Featured recipes, now with photos
The How to Cook Everything Vegetarian universal app (http://howtocookapp.com), now available on iTunes for $9.99, is the ultimate meatless resource for cooks everywhere.
About Mark Bittman: Mark Bittman is one of the leading voices in the food movement. He is a columnist for The New York Times Opinion section, focusing on food policy and issues related to health, eating, and agriculture. Several times a month he writes a recipe feature for The New York Times Magazine. Before that, he was “The Minimalist” in the dining section for more than a decade. Bittman’s list of award-winning bestsellers includes How to Cook EverythingÃ‚®(also available as an iPhone and iPad app). His work also appears in countless print and online publications, including Cooking Light magazine. He is a PBS-TV series host and a regular on the Today show. Learn more at howtocookeverything.com and markbittman.com.
Culinate works with leading publishers, authors, and cooks to digitally enhance recipes and cookbook content for mobile devices and the web. The company also publishes the food site Culinate.com. Founded in 2006, Culinate is based in Portland, Oregon.
Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. has been a valued source of information and understanding for more than 200 years, helping people around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations. Wiley and its acquired companies have published the works of more than 450 Nobel laureates in all categories: Literature, Economics, Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, and Peace.
Our core businesses publish scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, encyclopedias, books, and online products and services; professional/trade books, subscription products, training materials, and online applications and Web sites; and educational materials for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. Wiley’s global headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada, and Australia. The Company’s Web site can be accessed at http://www.wiley.com. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb.
SOURCE John Wiley & Sons, Inc.