Check Your Belly Before You Wreck Your Belly(TM) Global Public Service Announcement
NEW YORK, Dec. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Just in time for the 2012 New Year, Tupler Inc. today launches the “Check Your Belly Before You Wreck Your Belly” global public service announcement to ask that everyone check their bellies for a diastasis, a separation of the outermost abdominal muscles, before starting any new workout regimen. This announcement includes a live press briefing from Union Square, New York City, that will be streamed from www.ustream.tv/channel/checkyourbelly on Monday, December 5 at 1:00 pm ET.
The Twitter handle is @diastasisrehab and the Twitter hashtag is #checkyourbelly.
“When your belly gets worse or won’t go away with exercise, it may not be fat. It may be your organs sticking out,” said Julie Tupler, RN, the creator of the Tupler TechniqueÃ‚® and President of Tupler Inc. “Checking your belly for a diastasis before starting your New Year’s fitness resolution may be one of the smartest things you can do for yourself because it may help stop you from wrecking your belly. At our press briefing on Monday, we will show you how to check your belly for a diastasis. If you know you have a diastasis, then there are certain exercises to avoid because these exercises may make the belly even bigger. When the abdominal muscles separate the connective tissue stretches sideways and becomes weaker. When you do planks and crunches, you are creating intra-abdominal pressure that pushes against the connective tissue. This force makes the separation larger. Trauma to this abdominal connective tissue can tear it away from the muscle and cause a ventral hernia.”
She continued, “As part of our Check Your Belly Before You Wreck Your Belly Campaign, we have created new easy-to-use informational materials to make it easier for women, men, and children to check their bellies for a diastasis and understand the dangers of unchecked bellies. I’ve personally signed a “Nurse’s Note” that you can download on Monday from www.diastasisrehab.com/belly-check.html and give to your fitness professional or child’s gym teacher to be excused from doing planks or crunches.”
About the Check Your Belly Before You Wreck Your Belly Campaign
The Check Your Belly Before You Wreck Your Belly, sponsored by Tupler Inc., consists of three key program elements all of which will be made available on Monday, December 5.
1. Live Press Briefing on December 5 at 1:00pm ET in New York which will also be webcast from www.ustream.tv/channel/checkyourbelly
2. Free downloadable materials on www.diastasisrehab.com/belly-check.html, including:
- Wallet-sized “Check Your Belly Before You Wreck Your Belly” informational card
- Wallet-sized “Nurse’s Note” to give to fitness professionals
- Tupler TechniqueÃ‚® Tips with helpful hints on the 4 step program
3. A calendar of where and when free belly checks will take place and done by these licensed Tupler TechniqueÃ‚® providers:
- California www.abseparationrehab.com
- Colorado www.peainthepodfitness.com
- Illinois www.strongtummies.com and www.beautifulafterthebelly.blogspot.com
- Maryland reclaimyourcore.blogspot.com
- Massachusetts www.yourhealthsense.com
- Michigan www.coremamas.com
- Montana www.maternalfitnessMT.com
- New York www.BodyAlignPT.com and www.Core-Complete.com and www.MotherMassage.net
- Tennessee www.forwardpt.com
- Washington www.abdominalfix.com and www.thetummyteam.com
- Australia www.thebellyfirm.com.au and www.tummyzip.com.au
- Brazil www.rafaelarosa.com.br
- Canada www.kangaroofitness.ca
- England www.tummytribe.com
If you are a medical or fitness professional and would like to license the program and bring this program to your area, please contact (212) 388-1308 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Schedule of Activities on December 5
All activities listed below take place at the Seafarers & International House, located at 123 E. 15th St, 2nd Floor, on Monday, December 5.
1:00pm Press Briefing, which will be broadcast live
Main presenter: Julie Tupler, RN
2:00pm – 5:00pm EveryBellyÃ‚® Seminar with Julie Tupler, RN
Julie Tupler, RN will lead a three-hour EveryBellyÃ‚® Seminar using the Tupler TechniqueÃ‚®.
You can register online at http://tuplertechnique.eventbrite.com with code “Check” to save $15
Everyone registered can bring a friend for free.
About the Tupler TechniqueÃ‚®
A protruding belly in women, men, and children may be a sign of diastasis, a condition where the outer abdominal muscles separate. The Tupler TechniqueÃ‚® created by Julie Tupler, RN, is the only evidence- and research-based exercise program available for EveryBellyÃ‚® and can heal diastasis for any belly. For more information about the Tupler TechniqueÃ‚®, its products and programs, please visit the website at www.diastasisrehab.com.
To receive a media pass for the Monday, December 5 1:00pm ET press briefing, contact:
Julie Huang, Kaimen Company for Tupler Inc.
(888) 989-8808 x703
email@example.com or Twitter: @huangjulie
SOURCE Tupler Inc.