75 Percent of Consumers Use a Mobile Device in the Retail Buying Process
NEW YORK, Dec. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Verve Wireless, Inc., a leading U.S. mobile advertising company, announced today the results of a study conducted across the 1,300 mobile publishers that use the Verve advertising platform. The study reinforces that consumers and their smartphones are inseparable when it comes to shopping.
The survey was conducted over an eight-week period across the Verve Network.
Key findings from the Verve retail survey include:
- Over 60% of respondents use their smartphone for shopping one or more times each month
- Consumers use their smartphone to look up information on price (48%), followed by product information (24%), reviews (14%) and where to buy (14%)
- 81% of smartphone users have purchased a product or service online or in store after seeking information on their mobile device
- The top 3 product categories shopped for on smartphones are electronics (51%), entertainment (50%), books (45%), closely followed by clothing (38%) and automotive (21%)
- The top three retailers users accessed on their mobile device (tablet and smartphone) are Amazon (63%), eBay (37%), and Target (35%)
“The results substantiate what our advertising partners have known for a while, that mobile is an essential part of any retailer’s advertising plan,” says Greg Hallinan, Chief Marketing Officer of Verve Wireless. “There is a growing demographic of consumers who rely on their mobile device to help them make decisions in the aisles of brick-and-mortar stores as well as while shopping online. The advertiser who meets them there will win the sale.”
The study is available here for download.
About Verve Wireless
Verve helps hundreds of local and national advertisers reach a valuable, premium audience where they live, work and play. Over 1,300 publishers use the Verve platform to manage their mobile advertising businesses. Verve has offices in San Diego, CA, Washington D.C. and New York, NY. For more information, visit www.vervewireless.com.
SOURCE Verve Wireless, Inc.