Amdocs Awarded “BSS Vendor of the Year” and “OSS Vendor of the Year” in Asia Pacific
ST. LOUIS, Dec. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Amdocs (NYSE: DOX), the leading provider of customer experience systems, today announced that it has been named “BSS Vendor of the Year” and “OSS Vendor of the Year” by Telecom Asia’s Readers’ Choice Awards. This is the third consecutive year that Amdocs has received awards for product leadership from this forum. Telecom Asia is a leading online information source for telecom companies and professionals across Asia Pacific.
The Readers’ Choice Awards are held annually to recognize technology innovation and industry contributions made by top telecom vendors operating in Asia Pacific. Nominations were made by analysts and consultants, with the final vote given to Telecom Asia’s online subscriber base of service provider executives across Asia Pacific. The awards were officially announced on December 1 in Singapore.
“Amdocs is clearly seen by our voting readership of local telecommunication executives as an innovator and major contributor to technological advancement,” said Joseph Waring, Telecom Asia group editor. “The fact that Amdocs has won the BSS award three years in a row is a real testament to Amdocs’ industry leadership and the trust it has established among service providers in Asia Pacific.”
“These awards recognize Amdocs’ continued leadership in delivering innovative solutions that help our customers realize their vision, monetize their assets and deliver an outstanding customer experience,” said Brian Shepherd, group president for Amdocs. “We are committed to the Asia Pacific market and will continue to enhance our market leading product portfolio, delivery and managed services capabilities in order to bring greater value to the service providers we serve.”
Amdocs continues to be at the forefront of providing the communications market with new, enhanced and advanced solutions as shown in the following 2011 announcements:
- Following Amdocs’ acquisition of Bridgewater Systems, service providers will be able to benefit from the Amdocs Data Experience Solution which pre-integrates a policy control and charging engine with product catalog and subscriber management functions to address the increase in demand for high-bandwidth services and the exponential growth of smartphones and other connected devices.
- OSS 8.1 is the latest release of the market’s most comprehensive OSS suite, providing automation of planning, fulfillment and assurance processes.
- Customer Management 8.1 redefines and improves the overall user experience for customer service representatives by increasing agent efficiency, simplifying the user interface, improving smartphone support and automating the order-taking process.
In 2011, in addition to receiving the Telecom Asia’s Readers’ Choice Awards, “BSS Vendor of the Year” and “OSS Vendor of the Year”, Amdocs has received the following awards:
- Amdocs Positioned in Gartner’s Leaders Quadrant for Both Integrated Revenue and Customer Management (IRCM) and OSS
- Service Providers Name Amdocs Top Convergent Charging Vendor in Infonetics Global Research Report
- Amdocs Named 2011 BSS Vendor of the Year in Asia Pacific by Frost & Sullivan
- Amdocs Climbs Five Places to Number 11 in List of World’s 100 Best Outsourcing Service Providers across All Industries
- Amdocs Ranks Number One Vendor in Worldwide OSS and Billing Revenues, Leading Analyst Firm Reports
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company’s website
- Subscribe to Amdocs’ RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
About Amdocs in Asia Pacific
Amdocs has been operating in Asia Pacific for more than 13 years and has offices across the region, including in Vietnam, Singapore, India, Australia and New Zealand. Amdocs customers in Asia Pacific include SingTel, VTN in Vietnam, Globe Philippines, China Mobile, Telstra, Reliance Communications, CSL Hong Kong, True Corporation and FarEasTone.
Amdocs is the market leader in customer experience systems innovation. The company combines business and operational support systems, service delivery platforms, proven services and deep industry expertise to enable service providers and their customers to do more in the connected world. Amdocs’ offerings help service providers explore new business models, differentiate through personalized customer experiences and streamline operations. A global company with revenue of approximately $3.2 billion in fiscal 2011, Amdocs has over 19,000 employees and serves customers in more than 60 countries worldwide. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs’ Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs’ growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs’ ability to grow in the business segments it serves, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company’s products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, however the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2011, filed on December 8, 2011.