‘Beating Diabetes’ Reveals Groundbreaking Strategies for Reversing Diabetic Complications
CHICAGO, Jan. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — “Beating Diabetes” is an encyclopedia of knowledge covering both type 1 and type 2 diabetes, from a physician who has had diabetes for more than 65 years. This unique eBook includes more than 1,000 questions from both patients and medical professionals. Learn from the physician who was the first to discover how to use a blood glucose monitor to manage diabetes and get over 1000 answers to questions your doctor may not know.
“Beating Diabetes” will help to answer your questions to establish the most effective treatment plan by providing the most up-to-date information on:
- How to curb the carbohydrate cravings, overeating, and weight gain caused by beta cell loss and resultant amylin deficit using new amylin analogs and incretin mimetics;
- New pharmaceuticals for treating type 2 diabetes — what works and how to use them;
- Pros and cons of insulin pumps and continuous blood sugar monitors;
- How to make sense of the many new insulin analogs and insulin mixtures — which to avoid, which to use, and how to use them;
- What type of physical activity is best for normalizing blood sugars, including when it is best to exercise;
- How to prevent diabetes, improve quality of life and maintain normal blood sugars; and much more!
Available in two eBook editions for type 1 and for type 2 diabetes and 3 formats for your computer and any of the different ereaders. Free monthly webcasts are available on the last Wednesday of each month at 7PM CST. Register at http://www.askdrbernstein.net
“Dr. Bernstein is a true pioneer in developing practical approaches to controlling a devastating disease that is growing at epidemic proportions in this country.” — Barry Sears, PhD, author of The Zone
“Run, don’t walk, to get this book.” — Michael R. Eades, MD, and Mary Dan Eades, MD, authors of Protein Power
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Richard K. Bernstein, MD, is recognized as one of the foremost experts on diabetes and its complications. His private practice in New York is devoted solely to diabetes and prediabetic conditions. Dr. Bernstein serves on the faculty of Albert Einstein College of Medicine and is a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition, American College of Endocrinology, and the College of Certified Wound Specialists.
DR. BERNSTEIN’S “BEATING DIABETES”: 1000+ Answers Your Doctor May Not Know or Tell You
By Richard K. Bernstein, MD, FACE, FACN, FCCWS
Diabetes in Control; Publication Date: Oct. 24, 2011
$29.95 / Available for Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
Beating Diabetes Type 1: ISBN (ePub): 9781456605865
Beating Diabetes Type 2: ISBN (ePub): 9781456605759
Please visit our website at http://www.Diabetes911.net
For additional information or to schedule an interview with Dr. Bernstein, please contact Steve Freed (BPharm, CDE, Diabetes Educator, Publisher) at (847) 945-7773 or via e-mail at email@example.com