New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is Honored With a “Pet-Friendly Hotel of the Year” Award for its Excellence in Hosting Westminster Dog Show Participants
NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Recognized as the World’s Most Pup-ular Hotel and host hotel for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is pleased to announce it has been selected as the Westminster 2012 “Pet-Friendly Hotel Of The Year” for its ‘Five-Paw’ service as it prepares to welcome all canine hopefuls participating in the 2012 event. The 136th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show takes place on February 13th and 14th, 2012 at Madison Square Garden, directly across from New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania. For interview/photo opportunities, contact Jerry Grymek, 1-800-387-1399/416-440-2500, 416-918-2043, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pre-Westminster Gala committee will officially honor the Hotel Pennsylvania on Friday February 10th during the Pre-Westminster Fashion Show & Gala, held at the Hotel’s PennTop ballroom. According to Gregg Oehler, Chairman of the Pre-Westminster Gala: “The Hotel Pennsylvania’s continued dedication to being the best pet friendly hotel in the U.S. is second to none. They are the epitome of what a pet friendly hotel should be, with a gracious and pet loving staff”.
“The Hotel is honored to receive this award and we look forward to continuing this status for many years to come,” said Jim Flynn, General Manager/All Dog’s Best Friend at the Hotel. “This is one of our favorite times of the year and we welcome all VIP’s (Very Important Pooches) staying with us for the annual Dog Show given our perfect location, unbeatable value and unique amenities.”
No one does it better than the Hotel and it is known for hosting Westminster champions, including 2008 Best in Show winner Uno the Beagle, and even the first ever ‘pup’tual Westminster wedding ceremony in 2011. To mark this special occasion, the property has setup a variety of onsite daily events and amenities to coincide with the Show, including:
1) A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel’s Lobby will take place with 2012 Dog Show participants. It will take place on Friday, February 10th.
2) The Hotel will host the Pre-Westminster Fashion Show & Gala on Friday, February 11th, where the hotel will officially receive the 2012 “Pet Friendly Hotel Of The Year” award.
3) The Hotel will again convert function space into the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York. Located within the lower level of the Hotel, the 1st In-Line, Inc. sponsored Green Room Salon & S’paw’ offers a variety of amenities for these VIP’s including: bathing/beauty parlor/salon, dog grooming/comfort station, exercise area, walking area, his/hers relieving area, a canine masseuse and an animal communicator!
4) On Saturday February 11th, pet writing enthusiasts from all over the world will gather at the 4th Annual Business of Pet Writing Conference in the PennTop Ballroom and network with the premiere people in the Publishing and pet industries. The Business of Pet Writing Conference also welcomes a variety of notable veterinarians and prominent representatives from the pet food industry who are eager to assist pet writers with their research, book and article ideas, contact information, additional educational opportunities, and access to materials (studies, reports, press releases, etc.).
5) The American Canine Education Foundation (ACEF) & the Senior Conformation Judges Association (SCJA) Annual Buffet Reception & Dance, which is open to the public, takes place at the PennTop Ballroom on Sunday February 12th.
6) As always, the Hotel will have its Doggie Concierge on-site and a Paw Mall, featuring all the latest accessories/gifts for both owners and pets to enjoy.
The Hotel is offering special rates for Westminster guests with dogs and those guests without dogs. To stay at the host Westminster hotel where all the Westminster action happens, contact 212-736-5000 (locally), 800-223-8585 (toll-free) or www.hotelpenn.com.
Since 1919, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania has been host to millions of visitors to Manhattan, more than any other hotel in the world. The hotel is one of only two hotels in Manhattan to earn the prestigious ENERGY STAR award, which exemplifies superior energy performance and efficiency. With 1,700 rooms and over 90,000 square feet of function and adjacent exhibit space, the hotel’s location on 7th Avenue at 33rd Street is conveniently located to the Midtown business district and within walking distance to many of Manhattan’s famed tourist attractions, including Times Square, the Theater District and the Empire State Building. Directly across from Penn Station and with most major subway lines within one block makes getting to and around Manhattan exceptionally easy. Reservations can be made on-line at www.hotelpenn.com or by calling 212-736-5000 or toll-free at 800-223-8585. The World’s Most Popular Hotel is a registered trademark of New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania.
SOURCE New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania