Carhartt Backcountry Club Launches at Film Festival in Park City
PARK CITY, Utah, Jan. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Carhartt, America’s premium work wear brand since 1889, will launch the Carhartt Backcountry Club during this year’s film festival in Park City. The Carhartt Backcountry Club will serve as a pop-up Carhartt retail store during the day, and then transform into an exclusive hospitality club for filmmakers and artists at night. Located at the historic Treasure Mountain Inn at 255 Main Street, the Carhartt Backcountry Club will be open daily to the public during the film festival from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., January 19 – 24.
“Connecting with our consumers in a genuine and authentic manner on a grass roots level is something Carhartt strives to do, and something that the film festivals in Park City affords us,” said Tony Ambroza, Carhartt’s Vice President of Marketing. “The Carhartt Backcountry Club is a place for those who embody and display the Carhartt spirit to gather and celebrate hard work.”
The Carhartt Backcountry Club’s retail pop-up store will feature an assortment of styles for men, women and kids including Carhartt’s legendary outerwear, flannels, sweatshirts, t-shirts, pants, bibs, hats and gloves.
The evenings will take on a much different feel as the Carhartt Backcountry Club will host exclusive, invitation-only events for various groups associated with the film festival. Highlights include:
- Thursday, January 19th Park City’s Ski Industry with a live performance from Bryon Friedman.
- Bryon Friedman a Park City native and former professional skier traveled the world skiing competitively always bringing his guitar along with him while traveling. After a severe leg injury in the 2005 World Cup, Friedman no longer skies competitively, and has devoted his time to his music and released his first album “Road Sodas.”
- Friday, January 20th Slamdance Kickoff with a live performance from Mother Lode Canyon Band.
- Carhartt is a proud sponsor of the Slamdance Film Festival and will host the group’s opening night party.
- Saturday, January 21st Living Breathing Films Press Conference, VIP Launch Cocktail Party and Acoustic Performance.
- A collaboration between the Grammy-winning Slipknot visionary and percussionist M. SHAWN CRAHAN and Slipknot/Stone Sour frontman COREY TAYLOR–LIVING BREATHING FILMS–a new Film and Television Production Company specializing in mystery, suspense, horror and the dark side of life–is heading to the Film Festival to announce projects on tap in 2012. On Saturday, January 21, SHAWN and COREY will hold a Press Conference, VIP Launch Party and rare Acoustic Performance at The Carhartt Backcountry Club.
As a year-round organization, Slamdance serves as a showcase for the discovery of new and emerging talent and is dedicated to the nurturing and development of new independent artists and their cinematic vision. Slamdance continues to live by its mantra: “By Filmmakers, For Filmmakers.”
About Carhartt, Inc
Established in 1889, Carhartt is a global premium work wear brand with a rich heritage of developing rugged apparel for workers on and off the job. Headquartered in Dearborn, Mich., with approximately 3,600 employees worldwide, Carhartt is privately owned and managed by the descendants of the company’s founder, Hamilton Carhartt. For more information, visit www.carhartt.com.