Most Romantic Recipe Contest Kicks Off in Time for Valentine’s Day
Competition Encourages Sweet, Seductive and Delicious Ways to Prepare Strawberries
Grand Prize Winner Receives $1,000
Open to Anyone Who Enjoys Cooking
WATSONVILLE, Calif., Jan. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Not many things go together better than strawberries and Valentine’s Day. To celebrate Valentine’s Day, and to showcase one of the most seductive, healthy and versatile fruits – the California Strawberry Commission is accepting submissions for “The Most Romantic Recipe” Contest. Prizes will be awarded for dishes that best capture the essence of a romantic meal.
Check out last year’s winner for Champagne Kissed Whoopie Hearts with Strawberry Filling.
Winners will receive a total of $1,500 in Amazon gift cards before Valentine’s Day: First Place – $1,000; Second Place – $350; Third Place – $150. Winning recipes will be featured on the California Strawberries website for all to enjoy.
- Submit recipe and photo online at the California Strawberries Recipe Submission Page by Noon on Friday, February 10th, 2012.
- Upload the recipe photo at:
California Strawberries Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/castrawberries). Be sure to include recipe name and the words “Most Romantic Recipe Contest.” Alternatively, images can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Eligibility – Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Online Submission Deadline – Noon on Friday, February 10th, 2012.
- Prizes – $1,000, $350, $150 Amazon Gift Cards will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, respectively.
- Who can enter? – Anyone who enjoys cooking is invited to participate.
- Criteria -The recipe must include fresh or frozen strawberries. The dish could be for any meal of the day and be categorized by main course, salad, side dish, appetizer or dessert. Additionally, it should have a romantic quality. Visual appeal, taste, creativity and ease of preparation will also be considered.
- Judging – Winning recipes will be selected by the California Strawberry Commission staff. Particular consideration will be given to recipes submitted with clear and creative photos. Further attention will be given to recipe photos that receive the most comments or “likes” on the California Strawberries Facebook page. Contestants are welcome to invite friends to “vote” for their photos.
About the California Strawberry Commission
The California Strawberry Commission is a state government agency that represents an industry of 600 growers, shippers and processors of California strawberries. With a focus on food safety education, Commission strategies also include production and nutrition research, trade relations, public policy and marketing communications.
SOURCE California Strawberry Commission