Health Insurance Outlet: Understanding Your Health Insurance Plan
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Navali & Company, insurance agency and parent company of Health Insurance Outlet, educates consumers on what to look for when buying individual health insurance. Through our website, www.healthinsuranceoutlet.com, consumers can click on “Understanding Your Plan” on the home page and learn more about what to look for when researching California health insurance.
There are many types of California health insurance plans out there. When doing your research, make sure you understand these important elements:
Deductibles and Out-Of-Pocket Maximums
- The deductible is the amount that must be met before the insurance company starts to cover expenses. For many routine visits like seeing a doctor, the deductible is waived.
- The out-of-pocket maximum is the most you will have to pay per year. Once you meet this maximum, the plan covers 100% of all bills for the rest of the year.
In-Network vs. Out-of-Network
- Depending on the type of plan you select, your coverage for in vs. out-of-network will vary. For instance, if you have a managed care plan, such as a PPO or POS, then you have more flexibility to use different doctors and hospitals depending on what you select.
- This is the amount you are obligated to pay for covered medical services after you have satisfied any co-payment or deductible requirements on your plan.
- Not all plans cover drug benefits. Additionally, there are different types of coverage such as generic, brand, and non-formulary. Make sure you check out the prescription benefits and coverage amounts when looking at the different plans.
Emergency, Hospital and Outpatient Care
- Hospital and Emergency Care: Depending on which plan you choose, you might be responsible for a copayment or coinsurance for being admitted to the hospital or even an emergency room visit.
- Outpatient surgery is any surgical procedure where you do not need to stay overnight.
HealthInsuranceOutlet.com Makes It Easy To Compare And Save On Health Insurance:
- Information About Plans, Benefits, Limitations, Prescription Drugs and more
- Shop for Individual, Family, Child-Only, Short Term, Dental and Small Business Health Insurance Plans
- Compare health insurance plans side-by-side to see which plan is best
- Interactive Blog to keep consumers up-to-date on everything about health insurance
Please visit www.healthinsuranceoutlet.com for all your health insurance needs. Or simply bookmark us so you will have a resource in the future. We provide health insurance plans from all the major carriers in California.
About Navali & Company:
Navali & Company is a full service insurance agency working with individuals and small businesses across California. The company offers health insurance plans from all the major insurance carriers in California and has been saving money for consumers and small businesses for many years. Please visit www.navalicompany.com for more information.
SOURCE Navali & Company